SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
iWasJess
Style_council
iWasJess

when you go to dept. stores do you browse all around? head for misses? juniors?

posted about 9 years ago
kia
Style_council
kia

When I shop at JCPenney, I always check out the misses brands I Heart Ronson, Alyx, and She Said. The are made for the 20-30 somethings crowd. Then I usually spent the rest of the time looking in Juniors.

posted about 9 years ago

sgshields
Style_council
sgshields

Usually the Juniors section or whatever is similar. The only time I venture into ‘adult’ sections is if I’m looking for something a little more classic or if I’m looking for a brand that I know isn’t in the Juniors section.

posted about 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m 23, but I usually spend most of my time in the Juniors section because the fit works best on me. However, when I need high-quality professional or more classic clothing I go to the Misses or Women’s sections.

posted about 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i’ll hit the misses, then juniors

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

What are all the different types of sections you have in the US? What’s the difference between them- like is it size/style? :)
I don’t think we have sections like that in Australia, the only different sections I can think of are the typical ones like maternity/petite/plus size… :P

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

womens usually then juniors

posted about 9 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

Similarly to Coldlight, we don’t really have those sections in the UK. The sections are sort of implicit. So, in department stores there’s always a children’s department, where the clothes are sized by age (up to about 12). After that there are certain labels that are generally marketed at younger people and some that have a more mature market, and they will be in different places in the store, but there aren’t explicitly different sections.

I shop all over, but I don’t buy much from the men’s section. I’d love to, but most of the time I’m too small and the wrong shape, even if I customise them. Likewise I’d like to buy more kids’ clothes and adapt them because I’m petite and slim, but I’m also curvy so my boobs and hips get in the way. Often women’s clothes are too big except in the chest and those for younger women are fine everywhere else but too small in the chest. Vintage clothes are better, although not always and the cut depends on the era. So I shop everywhere and pay a lot of attention to fit.

posted about 9 years ago

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

i generally stick to juniors/women, but i bet i could find things in misses or even girls! it’s good to look everywhere :)

posted about 9 years ago

itswendycloset
Style_council
itswendycloset

the juniors section

posted about 9 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

women. and sometimes men department – they have the best brief cases bags omg. lol

posted about 9 years ago

leslie0426
Style_council
leslie0426

i go to misses especially when looking for a dress all the junior section there dresses are all too small in length!! but for jeans and tops i shop in juniors!

posted about 9 years ago

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

women, men for some shirts

posted about 9 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I go to juniors clearance, then to women’s clearance, and to whatever clearance first. Haha!

posted about 9 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

i go to women’s clearance first !! :D

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

It depends where… I’m pretty tiny, so juniors items usually fit better, but I find the selection usually sucks. I usually don’t shop at department stores.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password