SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

In the lieu of the current economic crisis, I wanted to know who’s still shopping as frequently/spending as much as they used to? If not, how have your habits changed?

I for one have cut back tremendously. It’s not a decision I made willingly, rather one made because of fear. Spending $50 worries me.

posted over 10 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i do still shop, but i save up for one well-made piece that i’m gunna wear all the time… none of this £3 t shirt nonsense anymore.

posted over 10 years ago

lottiee
Style_council
lottiee

I dooo… but i never shopped mass amounts to begin with, compared to some people. I do go to more charity shops now though, but to be honest I’ve never had an expensive tatse, so I’m not finding it too bad :)

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I shop just as much as before. I’ve already spent over £100 this week. I do need to cut down though.

posted over 10 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

im more careful about my selections . If I dont love it, I dont buy it. I also wait longer for things to go on sale because right now, they usually always do.

posted over 10 years ago

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

i still go shopping as often as i did before, but i think more carefully about my purchases—do i really need it? is it going to last a long time? is it worth the price? i agree with nothing2wear above, if i don’t love it, i don’t buy it! but i never was the type to splurge on full priced items. it’s so much more satisfying rummaging through the sale racks and finding a cute top for less than $5! :)

posted over 10 years ago

quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

@bitchtits: Me too! I used to spend money on junk I probably was never going to use. I’m saving up too. I have my own self-imposed Forever 21 ban b/c the clothes lack in quality. I’m trying to buy better, much higher quality pieces.

@splashofcolour: You lucky girl! Post some pictures of you in your new lovely items!

@nothing2wear: I also wait a long time for things that I want to go on sale. I waited for a $150 jacket to go down to $29.99 and I was lucky I found my size!

@jazzy — I love rummaging through sale racks too. Saving money feels great, and I’ve been using so many coupons/promocodes…I actually would have used them before if I had know about coupon websites…

this economy is really chapping my @$$ to say the least.

posted over 10 years ago

lauralovestoshop
Style_council
lauralovesto...

I def. have had to cut back on spending. I will have to say it is very hard to do…but when the money isn’t there you basically have to!
Waiting for things to go on sale is what I have been doing….you may end up missing out on your size, but if it is still there when a sale starts you almost feel even luckier!

posted over 10 years ago

pammella
Style_council
pammella

Yeah – I’m more selective too – love sales!! Although, I tend not to shop too much in Feb. – once March rolls in and spring is nearer – I’m re-energized and shop!

posted over 10 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I’ve had to cut back. I really haven’t bought anything that’s full price in a long time!! I always buy things on sale or at least try to get some discount on it. I’m right now waiting for a 150 (on sale) cardigan at Anthropologie to go below 70 so I can buy it. They have over 20 in the sale rack.

posted over 10 years ago

emlyyyy
Style_council
emlyyyy

In an attempt to cut back, I actually have started spending more money. I work at Banana Republic and we get 50% off of unlimited full-priced items, so while I don’t go shopping as much, I shop too much at work because the 50% off seems justified at the time, even though it’s still $30 for tops, $60 for most shoes, etc. I need to stop bringing my wallet to work!

posted over 10 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

I don’t go into stores anymore.

posted over 10 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I still shop. But I’ve never spent much on clothes anyways. I figure, my money situation is in a good state right now, if I can spend money for our economy to help others in an odd reverse psychology kind of way then I am all for it. Where I live, you’d never know there was a recession.. but I know Canada isn’t as bad as the states, or so I’m told?

posted over 10 years ago

saramarie
Style_council
saramarie

I have turned into a window shopper lately. I think it is mostly because it is almost spring and I do not want to spend money on sweaters that I will not get to wear very much longer. However, I am trying to save more, just to be on the safe side, you never know with everything going on.

posted over 10 years ago

Jody
Style_council
Jody

i’ve started shopping at sales a lot more and i have had to cut back which sucks. now i spend money on good quality, long lasting classic pieces. which i should have always done i spose!

posted over 10 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

Im going to chicago in a few weeks so I am really going to try to save and cut back, but it is really really really hard.
I have to agree with saramarie, window shopping helps a little but. hahaha

posted over 10 years ago

quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

I absolutely hatee window shopping. I hate it because it reminds me of things that I cant ever have. :[

posted over 10 years ago

nonorientable
Style_council
nonorientable

i’ve been selling a lot of my old clothes, which makes me feel better about buying new things! but i almost never buy anything that isn’t on sale.

posted over 10 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

That is something that I have been doing as well. Get together all the stuff that you didn’t wear last year and sell it. Then you have money to spend on the new stuff and not feel bad about it.

posted over 10 years ago

quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

I always buy stuff on sale. Dresses for formal events are usually the only thing that I dont buy on sale.

I’ve also tried selling some of my clothes. Havnt gotten much through that though. :[

posted over 10 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

I’m loving this whole recession thing, clothes-wise anyway. I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for an item of clothing.

posted over 10 years ago

mirb
Style_council
mirb

I don’t impulse buy as much as I used to, I now tend to deliberate on a purchase.

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I haven’t been in a clothes store since last month, on February 12 (I’m really awesome at remembering dates). It pains me that I can’t even go to the mall to browse because I know I’d want stuff and I simply don’t have the money.

posted over 10 years ago

StandardClash
Style_council
StandardClash

My shopping habbits have with out a doubt changed.
Last year,I remember every trip to mall,I’d have a 100 or so dollars in my pocket and blow almost all of it.
Now I’m weary about even buying anything over 25…
My favorite store used to be Metropark and now shifted to Forever 21

posted over 10 years ago

StandardClash
Style_council
StandardClash

My shopping habbits have with out a doubt changed.
Last year,I remember every trip to mall,I’d have a 100 or so dollars in my pocket and blow almost all of it.
Now I’m weary about even buying anything over 25…
My favorite store used to be Metropark and now shifted to Forever 21

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password