Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ShopUgly
Chic_seller_2 ShopUgly is a Chic Seller, meaning ShopUgly is one of the most popular sellers on Chictopia.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ShopUgly

We want to know what is your price point range? How much are you willing to spend on any given item?

Personally mine is $20-$200.

:)

posted over 9 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

usually $80>

I’d spend the most on shoes, because I know my feet won’t grow/change.

posted over 9 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

$15-$180

posted over 9 years ago

kimmaybooo
Style_council
kimmaybooo

DEPENDSSSSSS, haha

posted over 9 years ago

msfashinista
Style_council
msfashinista

Depends on what I am buying for the most part. For like the basic stuff like shirts, blouses, jeans/pants, etc. – $50 is the max. For like pieces that I need to last for quite a while like wool coat, nice evening gown/dress, etc. I will spend up to $200.
Shoes, my max on price would be $150. Most shoes up to about $80 and knee high boots that I want to last a few seasons I will spend the extra dollar like $100 and up.
So about the same as you I guess! hehe :)

posted over 9 years ago

SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

It depends on the item, but the most would probably be around $75. :)

posted over 9 years ago

alixribeiro
Style_council
alixribeiro

shoes-up to $60, boots more obviously.
Tops-honestly $25 at the most.
Pants-ugh i hate pants $120(jeans)
Dress-depends on the dress anywhere from $10-$100, $100 being a dress that will last me a few years and will be wearable during most of the year!
I’m really frugal, but will splurge on just the right item.

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I wouldn’t pay over £100 for something. If I earned more money or had a credit card I would though.

posted over 9 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Tops: max $20
Dresses (between casual and dressy): max $25-30
Jackets (not cotton, thin, or acrylic): max $50
Shoes: oh, you mean flip flops? max $5. haha
Shoes: oh, you don’t mean flip flops! it depends on the durability of the shoe, so it breaks down to…
-Boots: max $60, because I know i’ll get them on clearance for less.
-flats/sandals: max $15
-Sneakers: the best running shoes are pretty expensive, so max $60.
I like my money.

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

Tops-30$
Cardigans-30$
Jackets-40$
Shoes-OH GOD I haven’t even decided….um….120$
Jeans-30$
Skirts-30$

But usually my stuff is like 20$ and under. I don’t like to spend that much money. I just like to get the stuff (dont we all?)

posted over 9 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

That is such a freaking broad answer. I agree with everyone else. It completely depends on the item, how long I have wanted, how much i use it, and the quality.

posted over 9 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

Depends on the item… I’m notoriously frugal though (mostly because I have to be lol). Usually $30 is my limit on one item (excluding shoes and a fancy dress).

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

usually no more than 50 to 60, even on shoes. Of course, i don’t buy crap, i’m just a great bargain shopper :)

posted over 9 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

It depends on the item. If I’m buying designer shoes, then I usually don’t put a limit but I try to get it to a pretty reasonable amount, same with designer purses.

As far as clothing, I try to find the cheapest thing I can. When my sister and I go shopping and I find something I like but it’s still $30 even after discounts, I always mutter, “still too damn expensive” and put it back.

Over the years, I’ve just become more frugal, that’s why. :)

posted over 9 years ago

LynnetteJoselly
Style_council
LynnetteJoselly

mines is $20-40

check out my store

http://myworld.ebay.com/d0minicanmami27

the items are recession proof.. right now the highest price is 15.99!!

posted over 9 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

I usually shop at the thrift store. So probably less than $10.

If I’m at a real store, it just depends. The most I’ve spent on jeans is $80. The most I’ve spent on shoes is $100. The most I’ve spent on a dress is $70. The most I’ve spent on a shirt is probably $30 and I’m sure I regretted it. I almost never wear shirts I buy new that aren’t basics.

posted over 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Max, 50 bucks. Why? I have no money haha.

posted over 9 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

it just depends on what it is & if its a brand name then what brand name it is. since i will never grow any more than i am now, i dont mind spending a lot of a good piece of clothing/shoes/bag.

posted over 9 years ago

LadyAshMarie
Style_council
LadyAshMarie

I am very frugal I rarely go over $50 for anything…my prom dress cost $60 and that was because it was from the season before but it was a basic long straight dress with a nice beaded design so it wasnt out of style but I was at least guranteed that no one would show up wearing the same dress!
For tops and pants I would say around $30-40…dresses $25-$30 for summer ones anything fancy maybe more but would depend how many times I planned on wearing it otherwise I wouldnt spend too much.
Shoes I usually wait for sales that way I can justify buying more LOL! I can get 150 shoes for like $50 sometimes and all my converse I never paid more than $35 for the hightops :)

posted over 9 years ago

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

I will spend up to 350$ on shoes.
$50 or less on a top
Pants… 110$ or less
COat/Jackets 200$ or less
Bags.. 90$ or less

posted over 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

In college I never bought anything over $25 except for my coats: $40 wool coat and $60 trench coat.

I’ve loosened the purse strings a little since I got a job. Now I’ll go up to $40 for a top and maybe $60 for a good pair of pants— though even then I still prefer to sale-watch and seek out bargains! I just find it hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars for items I’ve been satisfied with for under $50.

I’m willing to pay the most money for things like coats (you need them to be warm or waterproof, otherwise what’s the point? And you’ll use them close to every day for an entire season, if not several years). And a good pair of classic shoes; with shoes, I notice if you go too cheap they often are harder on your feet.

posted over 9 years ago

Style_council

i have money, so i could probably afford to spend decent amounts on my clothes (and there are some items i own that i have ‘invested’ in), but i still love a good bargain hunt (a trait i inherited from my mother)

posted over 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

as a student who, at this precise moment does not have a job:
top: £15 max! haha!
skirt:£20
dress: £45
Shoes: Flats: £40 Boots: £70
Coats: £100

mother likes to spoil me rotten :)

posted over 9 years ago

AshleyKins
Style_council
AshleyKins

Depends on the quality. If it’s at Target or Forever21 then I won’t spend more than $20 on it. If I know something is going to last me a long time and is versatile then I won’t hesitate to spend over $100 on it.

posted over 9 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

yeaaaa totally depends… the most lucratively expensive item I own is a pair of dolce and gabbana sunglasses which were over 400$… and I’m currently eyeing a gucci leather hobo bag which retails from 1,700$….

Overall though, it does depend on the quality. F21 I wont spend more than 30$ on a bag, but if its balenciaga i’ll spend 100xs that amount :)

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password