SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MalinaWx
Style_council
MalinaWx

How often do you buy something from online shops?
Do you trust every advertisment?
Do you always receive the order?

posted over 6 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I would shop online from time to time because I don’t have a car and I don’t have time to go shopping. I trust sites like Amazon, Chictopia Shop, Nordstrom and other bigger site. Make sure to check out reviews on the site to see how satisfied other customers have been with the site.

posted over 6 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I buy a lot of stuff online, since the deals tend to be better (online prices might not be reflected in-store) and there’s an infinitely larger selection.

I never buy stuff based on ads, because the clothing in ads never interest me to begin with.

I never shop from obscure websites, I wouldn’t really trust them. I’ve always received my orders, but getting refunds from returns are a whole different story.. for example, ASOS is notorious for slow refunds.

posted over 6 years ago

zatrudny1
Style_council
zatrudny1

Everything that I’ve bought online, I’ve received except for a necklace that I bought for one of my friends as a gift for her birthday. It was a fallen whistle from Africa. If you don’t know what they are, you should look them up because the story is really cool, but unfortunately, they lost my order.

posted over 6 years ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i shop online quite a bit..but i prefer places which have a goo rep..looking up at reviews help give you an idea about quality and shipping time..the only time i received a necklace with a design which was not on the website photos was when they sent it over for a review. it was from clothing loves..and if they can bungle up something they are sending out specifically for a review then i won’t recommend the site. … oh another local website did a major mistake sent me someone other person’s order.

posted over 6 years ago

Dreamer4ever
New_user Dreamer4ever is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Dreamer4ever reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Dreamer4ever

I buy a lot of my clothing online, especially if I am looking for something I know I can’t find in the stores, such as the latest Juicy Couture handbag, or something from Free People that’s on sale. I also love shopping on UK sites, which works out great if you have a quality forwarding shipping company. My personal favorite is Skypax.

I haven’t really had any problems with delivery when I order online or when I use [Skypax]. It really depends on the company but most companies pride themselves in delivering your products on time. I would stick with the main sites as opposed to small boutiques, that way you know you’ll get your purchases on time.

posted over 6 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

It’s both a pro and con for me lol Pro because I find the coolest stuff online that I wouldn’t normally find in my hometown and it’s always exciting when it arrives in the mail. Con because it takes great self control not to buy anything online hehe

posted over 6 years ago

shozom
Style_council
shozom

I shop online every now and again and have never had a problem. It’s always fun getting stuff in the mail.

posted over 6 years ago

EmmyBooBoo
New_user EmmyBooBoo is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EmmyBooBoo reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmmyBooBoo

shopping online is good because it can often be cheaper, you get things that were unavailable instore, and online only sales, plus, it’s always great getting something in the mail! But tthen again, your sizing is always different in different stores, and online, well duh, you can’t try out the items. Also it can get damaged inthe mail, and postage and handling can be ridiculously pricey. It’s always good to know the shop well in terms of sizing, Always check the size guide, and generally, online shopping is pretty damn good!

posted over 6 years ago

AmandaJenkins
Style_council
AmandaJenkins

The biggest pro is probably the larger selection, but the biggest con is that you can’t try anything on or touch stuff before you buy it.

posted over 6 years ago

sensiblestylista
Style_council
sensiblestyl...

Honestly, I’ll only buy if the shop has an amazing return policy or if I’ve seen the piece in person! I try not to buy shoes because I’m really picky about their fit.

posted over 6 years ago

barberapetric
New_user barberapetric is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When barberapetric reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
barberapetric

I agree..I am also sometimes afraid of buying shoes online..But recently I found the best place to buy nike free run shoes

posted over 6 years ago

RachelleBush
Style_council
RachelleBush

I buy a lot of stuff online, especially my accessories since I dont have to worry about the fit. The delivery is pretty prompt without any issues. I usually check out Aniika.com if I’m buying accessories, they have great stuff and I trust their service

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password