SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
myVINTAGEheart
Style_council
myVINTAGEheart

I want to know what you guys think about the current style to wear vintage inspired clothing and accessories. I absolutely love the look and it totally appeals to me, so I went a little nuts and got myself Fedora hats, ’40s inspired hats, oxford shoes, tights in multiple colors….you name it. Now, while some pieces are classic, I am concerned that once the season ends or a new trend begins, I am going to look ridiculous still wearing it. Do you guys think that wearing Vintage clothes or Vintage inspired is more of a “Lifestyle” or is it more of a trend? Do you think I can wear my stuff “forever” proudly.

Would love to read your thoughts on this.

posted about 8 years ago
zazubinx
New_user zazubinx is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When zazubinx reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
zazubinx

As long as you mix one or two of your vintage or vintage inspired pieces with current pieces you can’t go wrong. Some things are just timeless.

posted about 8 years ago

RaspberryLIme
Style_council
RaspberryLIme

Vintage clothing can always be incorporated into outfits. If u are worried then u can always look for things which are in trend in a vintage pieces; for example lace.

posted about 8 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i think it can be, plus who cares if it “stays in style”…if you love it so much, wear it regardless what others think :)

posted about 8 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

I love vintage, and always have.. I don’t think that will change.

posted about 8 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I think vintage is here to stay!:)

posted about 8 years ago

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

I’ve been collecting vintage for 10 years now and will continue to collect it because it’s my style. Right now I when I wear vintage I look very “on trend”, however 10 years ago I got a lot of weird stares. I’m sure it will go out of style again and the stares will come back. Some pieces are timeless and can be worn regardless of trends. Also as others have said if you pair it with something else that’s trendy it will look fine. For me I’d say it’s a “lifestyle”. Not only are you wearing something completely unique, but you’re also helping the environment by reusing clothing. However, for others it’s a trend that will pass. It all depends on your personal style.

posted about 8 years ago

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

i think vintage will always be in, especially if you mix and match with current trends and you have your own personal touch to add. I love unique pieces and you different can find that in vintage finds.

posted about 8 years ago

ClosetOverflow
New_user ClosetOverflow is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ClosetOverflow reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ClosetOverflow

I think it’s here to stay. If you look at fashion history (I took a class in it as part of my major), history repeats itself. If not completely, at least in parts. In early times men use to wear slimmer pants, and not skinny jeans are in. Yes, skinny jeans are A LOT tighter, but still, baggy is not longer the “fad”. Plus, if you like it and you can put an amazing outfit together you are in fashion. Fashion is an expression of yourself, so don’t worry if every one else is wear it.

posted almost 8 years ago

carina_alvarez
Style_council
carina_alvarez

Trends resurface and repeat after a few years…. i think its a great idea to just find what you like and hold onto it. If the style fades today….it’ll be back soon enough!

kmbessem12
Style_council
kmbessem12

Trends will always be reworked and reused forever. So if you’re creative and can layer or alter vintage pieces, you can always make something old into something “new”.

myVINTAGEheart
Style_council
myVINTAGEheart

Thanks chictopians for all the wonderful feedback you have given me!!! Now, i don’t feel so bad about the collection that I have been accumulating of my favorite trends of this season. Happy shopping and hooray for Fashion! Thanks, again!

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I think the look is here to stay. I actually like it.

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

i think its here to stay, at least in my closet, im not really into the “vintage inspired look” but more the actual vintage like from thrift or charity shops :) i dont think that the whole vintage trend will go away, but if it does i dont care, i will keep on wearing my vintage finds!

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think as long as you can incorporate several pieces into current trends, it’s fine :).

lol one bad thing about the vintage trend is that people use that word as a euphemism for anything severely used/old, or just plain garbage. when I looked for furniture on craigslist, there were a bunch of “vintage” pieces that were just beaten up.

fashion_outLAW
Style_council
fashion_outLAW

Vintage is DEF here to stay.

LoveCharles
Style_council
LoveCharles

Trends are a way to get people to constantly consume new clothes all year long. Vintage is the best way to go. It’s better quality, and looks good, what else do you want in your clothes?

Humming
Style_council
Humming

Vintage, for me, has been around for ages and it will continue to be dishy. Diversity is the healthy and the modern touch to ‘oldies but goodies’ is creation at it’s best.

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Yves Sant Laurent believed that, “fashion fades, style is eternal.”

Trends are just ways to keep such businesses from losing their consumers. :D

MELSHY
Style_council
MELSHY

Right now everyone is thrift shopping! I think the vintage look is definitely a popular trend right now, but in regards to the actual pieces that are “vintage” …hmmm… as long as you buy basic trendy items that are classic, then you can’t go wrong! Vintage can be both ways, some may have been wearing vintage clothing ever since they could dress themselves, and others have just jumped on this band wagon because it’s a popular trend..You just have to decide which category you fall under.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t think this vintage trend will last forever but it doesn’t seem to going away anytime soon. Besides, vintage of some kind is always on trend since designers always go to the past for inspiration. It just depends if you have the pieces from the particular era that is trendy at the moment xP

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

I don’t care, I’ll always have a vintage look.

posted almost 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password