SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lottiee
Style_council
lottiee

Right, I buy a lot of Zara clothes, mostly Cardigans and woolen things, I also have a couple of cotton dresses and t-shirts.
ALL OF IT GETS HOLES IN!!!!
Seriously every single thing I own from there has holes in. Does anyone else have this problem?
Just wondering because my friends have this hole problem too!!

posted over 10 years ago
Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Don’t buy them then. I’ve noticed that their cardigans look very thin and fragile, my mum owns a few.
I’ve only got a t-shirt from Zara and it lost its shape in the wash, but it hasn’t got holes.

posted over 10 years ago

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

actually it’s true… zara clothings aren’t high quality clothes, and kind of overpriced… I have lot’s of clothes from there and everything, even t-shirt I have to handwash them or they’ll get holes…. Actually in Mexico the dry cleaners don’t accept anything from zara… so be careful!!!!

posted over 10 years ago

lottiee
Style_council
lottiee

Seriously?
As much as I moan, there are hardly any decent shops in my town so I still buy clothes from Zara and pray (and sew) for no holes!!!

posted over 10 years ago

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

I only have some jeans from them, which faded ridiculously fast in the wash. None of their other clothes fit me, even size L..and I’m not even chubby, wtf?!

posted over 10 years ago

lottiee
Style_council
lottiee

I find the oposite problem superbecky! none of the clothes fit me properly… even small!!!

posted over 10 years ago

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

I have a few shirts from Zara and so far they’ve been okay. No holes in them. And one of them I’ve had for two years…
Though that shirt might be the exception to the rule.

I’ve also found that their sizing is a little weird. Sometimes a large fits me and other times I need an x-small.

posted over 10 years ago

EmilyHendren
Style_council
EmilyHendren

As a girl who used to live in Nantes (Zara capital), I have to say that i LOVE ZARA! The only problem I’ve ever had with a pair of pants from there is a broken zipper (probably from over use haha). It’s a French brand geared toward French shoppers—most of whom delicately wash and line-dry their clothes. I’d just take it easy in the wash, and if it’s a super lightweight sweater handwash, and you should be fine

posted over 10 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

That is crazy that you mentioned it! I do have zara clothes that have holes for some odd reason… Weird. I still love Zara though!

posted over 10 years ago

Cameleon
Style_council
Cameleon

Actually did get a hole in my skirt ones, which a friend borrowed and probably stretched out. But I think the blazers are good quality. But I did notice in the store lot of coats and jackets with loose or missing buttons. You just have to check the seems and buttons in the store, if they seem a bit ripped don’t buy them or fix ’em before wear. Some shoppers are real pigs, they throw clothes and rip m when they are fitting..

posted over 10 years ago

Rebekah_R
Style_council
Rebekah_R

I wont buy anything from Zara anymore..as much as I love the stuff..it just falls to bits! not impressed with the quality at all.. if the prices were lower I might put up with it!

posted over 10 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Wait for Zara sales. I get cute dresses in the sales but they’ve been fine.

posted over 10 years ago

lifeinsideamusicbox
Style_council
lifeinsideam...

Hm… I keep wanting to buy something from Zara, but have had issues with the sizing, the things I’ve tried on have run really large. I didn’t know about the quality problems – all that plus it being slightly overpriced regardless makes me reconsider.

posted over 10 years ago

prettycake
Style_council
prettycake

i love zara…mostly because there’s not an h&m in texas. i find that the sizes seem to run small to me. i bought a blouse, washed it, and the bottom of it looked like a balloon.

posted over 10 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

We don’t have a Zara here, but I was in Dublin a few weekends ago and I went in for a look. I always thought they were quite a cheap shop, but apparently not! They were selling dresses for over €100 and an imitation leather jacket for €200.
Any time I’d been there before I’d always noticed that their prices were low, around the same as New Look and H&M. Did they suddenly get expensive or did I just pick some weird items to look at?

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

^^Some things are a lot cheaper than others. There’s quite a price difference between the smart range that’s at the front of the shop and the casual and basics ranges that you find at the back. It is reasonably cheap for some things but not for the smarter stuff.

posted over 10 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Oh ok. I think this was near the front so that might explain it.

posted over 10 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

ok i bought an expensive coat , approx £80 from Zara and the lining has ripped!!!

I need to get it fixed professionally , as i dont want to ruin it ….

but i know friends who have bought cardigans from there which are nice ,

Mango are also nice for the same type of clothes

posted over 10 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

Hm, i’ve never bought anything from Zara, but this is definitely not encouraging information! I don’t want to pay that much for a poor-quality item.

posted over 10 years ago

youngbones
Style_council
youngbones

I’ve bought great fitting things from Zara BUT a couple of shirts lost their shape after just a few washes. I wasn’t very happy.
~L

posted over 10 years ago

ItsPaolaXoXo
Style_council
ItsPaolaXoXo

i actually agree with superbecky.
they have the cutest stuff but nothing fits me right.

and the quality and handfeel of their clothes are not that good for the price point.
granted that the styles are super cute, it feels like a slightly pricier H&M.

if you want knit clothing that lasts, go to jcrew or banana republic. their stuff lasts (at least mine does)

posted over 10 years ago

Memosne
Style_council
Memosne

>_< I always have loved Zara! Nothing I have has ever gotten any holes in it or lost its shape. Am I an anomaly here? I usually buy my Zara stuff from Hong Kong though…I have this one pair of jeans that’s been with me through Hong Kong, Beijing, and California. They only sprung a hole from the wear and tear….I’m a little sad. Haha, I love Zara!

posted over 10 years ago

Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

I’ve found that Zara sizes are often too big for me, or maybe the store near me doesn’t stock XS or S enough?

I haven’t bought either because I’ve found it to be kind of pricey (and I like H&M more) but I guess I probably shouldn’t??

posted over 10 years ago

New_user 37007 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When 37007 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!

that’s just too bad

posted over 10 years ago

mauumauu
Style_council
mauumauu

i agree to most of you. my Zara clothes have lost their shape already, and their sizing is not consistent. sometimes i’m small, medium, large, or even extra large. but the size that really fits me well is small.

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password