Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kia
Style_council
kia

It’s four days away….ahh!!
I will be working from 7am-6pm. 11 hours of hell with a half hour lunch :( This is my 8th black friday in retail, and I don’t recall ever shopping black friday besides where I work….

Do you wake up early and go black friday shopping?
What are your black friday triumphs and horror stories?
What are your plans this year?
Any one working it?

Biggest black friday pet peeve: When people complain about the lines. IT’S BLACK FRIDAY, SHOP ONLINE IF YOU DON’T LIKE LINES end rant

posted almost 9 years ago
modelafirst
Style_council
modelafirst

Unfortunately I am working on Black Friday…..It’s not something that I’m too happy about. I’m working from 8am-5pm, it’s not quite 11 hours, but I’m a pregnant woman, do they really expect me to be on my feet for 9 hours straight and not b*tch about it??? We’ll see how that goes…the worst part is that I’m from out of town, so I planned on spending the weekend with my family; I was just added to the schedule last night (randomly)…so that just blows all of my plans!!!! :(
My biggest black friday pet peeve: Customers’ snobby attitudes!!! It’s the holidays. be happy…tis the season to be jolly!!!!!!! right?!?! :/

souuups
Style_council
souuups

I plan to go shopping! Ughh. I probably won’t wake up early for it though.

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i think i am really glad we don’t have this sort of thing in canada…

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

@raapunzel…don’t you have Boxing Day?

itswendycloset
Style_council
itswendycloset

I never shop on Black Friday. People will camp out one or two days early just to wait in line in this freezing cold weather. I rather go to sleep.
Online shopping…maybe

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

I’m sticking to online shopping, maybe going to the UO on my school’s campus to check out the sale. But the sale’s from 8 – 10 so I don’t have to wake up too early.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I’m going when its still dark right when the shops open along with my friends =P I did it last year and it was pretty crazy and tiring but it was a lot of of fun and I came out of it with a lot of good stuff. I plan on hitting h&m, urban outfitters, DSW, jcrew, etc. Last year we went from 6am-10am.

btw, what clothing/shoe stores are having the biggest sales?

soccerplayerr05
Style_council
soccerplayerr05

I went to the stores at like 4 or 5 AM last year. I looved all the sales, and I’ll be doing it again this year!

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

I love black friday <3

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

YAY for online shopping… and eco-friendly shopping(:

We are having our 1st EVER After Thanksgiving Day Sale!!!

We are joining in on the biggest retail event… because we felt left out!

Un-Conventional and LoveItShop Vintage will be 50% off!!! The LARGEST SALE EVER!!! We NEVER do 50% off!!!

So if you have been yearning for an eco-friendly, one-of-a-kind piece… now is your time~ OR.. if you want to make someone else smile… it makes a perfect gift(:

Use coupon code: chicgift50 at checkout

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I do love black friday but for the past 3 yrs I’ve had to work. Although I’ve been in retail for over 7 years now, I’ve always managed to squirm out of it during college since I left town to go home. Anyways, I can’t complain because I’m only there to take the clothes off mannequins if needed…other than that its a “Lets clean the visual prop room” kind of day. However it does start at 3AM to help set sales and prep store for the 4AM opening :(

And yes Kia, I agree…..do not complain about lines on black friday, its just ridiculous!!!!!

also check out naughtybaubles.etsy.com for a major sale and use coupon code CHIC15 to save 15% on Sat and Sun!!!!!

EatItBeatIt
Style_council
EatItBeatIt

I would love to do Black Friday but the weather in Washington has been pretty ‘effing cold! The roads are incredibly icy and I won’t be able to even make it to a Family Thanksgiving let a long BF.

So, online for me! I actually have a couple carts full at the moment. Waiting until tomorrow to see how the discounts fare. :)

So many people retail on this site! I’ve been avoiding that since everyone I know who has done it says its horrible.

kia
Style_council
kia

Off to work now :/ Hope everyone has a story (good and bad!) to share about black friday….I hope mine does not end in me suffocating myself in a pile of clothes!

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

@ op
yeah there is boxing day, but that’s it i think.

unfortunately im finding out that i am wrong and canadian retailers are now getting into black friday sales to compete with the us….

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password