Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

what’s your favorite fashion era?
what do you like about it?

i like the 20s-50s. the women were beautiful without effort and dressed beautifully.

posted over 9 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I like the classiness of the ‘30s and ’40s— isn’t it ironic how tough times make for very stylish looks? I also like the femininity of the ’50s and and into the early ’60s (Mad Men era, etc). I think I liked it when ladies looked like ladies, and people just seemed to care more in general about how they presented themselves.

Though in all honesty, I think I would prefer living now and dressing retro-inspired than living back then and having all these rules about how I was supposed to dress as a woman. I much prefer the creativity and flexibility of the contemporary era!

Oh, and if you want to go WAY back, I love the Regency period. I want a Regency-inspired wedding dress!

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I like the 20’s-50’s also!
I am in a History of Costume class right now, and some of the dresses they wore back in the 17th & 18th centuries were gorgeous! They are def. over-the-top & extravagant but thats what makes them unique and beautiful! They had some CRAZY trends back then…

posted over 9 years ago

Angelina8
Style_council
Angelina8

Definitely the 40s!

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I love how despite the hardships of the 40’s, women still managed to be well put together. I found pictures of my grandma with her friends from ’42, I believe, and everything they were wearing was lovely! War = less fabric for clothes, thus shorter hemlines, etc.

And the 50’s produced some great clothing… more mass produced, but I guess easier to find. I’m just more into the cotton-y sundresses… so pretty.

But in general, I do quite admire most eras. But I’m not big on the 30’s or 80’s…

posted over 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I like a little bit of everything. :p Top hats & accessories from 1800-1900,
flowy dresses from the 1910s,
The cloche of the 1920s (although I know they started wearing it earlier.) & Lanvin-style embroidery,
Silk scarves & Bias cuts of the ‘30s,
’40s ready-to-wear fashion,
’50s empire line,
’60s miniskirts,
’70s = Vivienne Westwood,
’80s =uh…ok, not too much here….leg-warmers, I guess?
’90’s = Vivienne Westwood again!

But I love living in the now the best…so I can order clothes online if I want to. :D

posted over 9 years ago

DaniKaran
Style_council
DaniKaran

today 2010 because we can wear everything :D

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

For me it would have to be the 50s. I love the full skirts and the sexy pin up styles.

posted over 9 years ago

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

1960’s and 1970’s. ALSO really old victorian stuff like that. Ohh my, so amazing :D

posted over 9 years ago

Fashion_Law
Style_council
Fashion_Law

I don’t have one, so i think that in 2010, as Danyux said, you can wear everything! but my fav are 40’s (when i wanna feel glamour and classy) and 80’s ( when i feel crazy and unruly!

posted over 9 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

the 80’s-90’s i just love the bright colors

posted over 9 years ago

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

40’-!!! Of course!

posted over 9 years ago

EUCYFUL
Shop_seller_2 EUCYFUL is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
EUCYFUL

80’s !!! bright prints and quirky combinations classy trashy is the best

posted over 9 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I think I would have to go with some days, the 40s for class and sophistication, the 90s for the grunge inspiration, and the now because of the slouchy yet sharp/clean lines and silhouettes of the clothing. I can’t describe the now too well, but there’s something distinctive about it.

posted over 9 years ago

General_Rooster
Style_council
General_Rooster

Are these seriously the only eras that you can think of people?!
You don know that fashion did exist before commercialization in the 20th century right?
I would have to say that my favorite era of style is the Tudor era when women wore overly elaborate and eccentric dresses and the men dressed in a similar manner.

posted over 9 years ago

Randi_Nichole
Style_council
Randi_Nichole

I TOTALLY dig fashion from the late victorian era (1850s) to the early 70s :D

1850s-1910s vintage elegance
20s, 30s,40s class & sophistication
50s,60s,70s break away
90s grunge isn’t that bad either.

I would never want to live in those eras though, mostly because me being african-american AND female it’d be hard. I also love my computer haha.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password