Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

It’s not that odd of a question because I’m going there in…a little over a week and I want to make sure what I pack makes sense and is stylish. Any Floridians here that can help me so I don’t stick out like the pale Northern gal that I am? Are there any specific colors currently in vogue? Or perhaps some type of clothing, fabric or pattern?

If it helps, I’ll be visiting the Ocala, Daytona Beach, & St. Augustine areas. I haven’t got much of a clue what I’ll be doing, except for working out @ the gym pretty much every morning and eating conch in St. Augustine. :D

Thanks for your help in advance.

posted over 9 years ago
Brenth
Style_council
Brenth

Florida is awful in the whole fashion scene. Shorts and t-shirts are a 24/7 thing here. I’d personally recommend the basics such as shorts, tees, lightweight button-downs & cardigans, flats, skinny jeans, and anything else that is lightweight. Make sure not bring anything thick/thermals.

P.S. I’ve lived in South Florida for 14 years. Ask away and I’ll try to answer the best I can =)

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

omg, Brenth is SO right. Its fucking REDICULOUS here. All the girls wear is hollister type tee shirts and shorts with the flip flops. MAYBE sneakers. Its always the same. So annoying, I get looked at like MAD when I wear 5 in heels and cardigans and bright skirts with bright shirts because its cute but NO ONE is used to seeing someone stand out, even ADULTS look at me o.o.
Yeah, if you do want to stick out, wear bright colors/cute stuff. Oh and we got a little cold front past few days. Just so you know :)

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

PS:living in South florida now lol

posted over 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Florida’s not a chic state? :( what a shame, since there certainly are chic people who happen to live in FL. I’ll probably be stared at anyways, but I just want to look cool (and not have to buy a whole week of clothes when I’m down there). OK, so here’s my fashion plan…
1 Sundress (Ma got me a cute pink dress today 4 v-day!)
1-2 skirts
2 shorts (one denim, one not.) 1 pair of shorts…it’ll be colder than expected :(
2 jeans (one skinny pair + another pair)

1 pair kicks (Converse-type?)
1 pair flats (Yay, I can wear these again!)
10 (pairs) each socks & underwears
4 bras (If I have to, I’ll pack 5, but I can always wash ‘em @ Grandma’s.)

2 jackets (one of them “autumn” leather)
2 zip-ups/cardigans
5-6 tees (4 short, 1 or 2 long)
3 button-ups/oxfords (I wonder how lightweight these will be…)
1-2 Tunics/wildcards (I feel like some other kind of shirt is missing…)

Gold or silver jewelry? Some Kind of very light/sheer scarf? Oh, yeah, and a few good belts. (You always need a few good belts.) And if I’m stuck between 2 items, brighter is better.

So….here’s another question for you Fabulous Floridians…Is black or brown currently more trend-friendly down south? (This is the color I anchor my vacation’s fashion to, so I can avoid getting carried away with too many shoes, etc. while packing.)

posted over 9 years ago

jenniferdawn
Style_council
jenniferdawn

I don’t live in Florida but I would suggest just being yourself. It sounds like you’re trying too hard to fit into the local scene, which sounds awfully boring to me.

posted over 9 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

FLORIDA ALL THE WAY!!!!
Yea. its refreshing to see people with chic styles. I live in SoFlo, too.

posted almost 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password