Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
marimar
Style_council
marimar

Hey! I was wondering what you guys though about short shorts and heels? Trashy or chic?

posted over 9 years ago
ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

It depends on the look and the person. Some can look chic and some trashy.

posted over 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Yes, it totally depends— on the person, the styling of the entire outfit, and the context.

posted over 9 years ago

forgottenfairytale
Style_council
forgottenfai...

95% trashy in my opinion, and there are very few exceptions. Unless I see it on Gossip Girl or something, that combination would automatically trigger an “ew slut” in my head xD

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

I actually love it. I mean, I wear short short jeans, my high heels and a graphic tee with a jacket. I think its super cute. But I can understand how it can get trashy. But I think color and the style and the person can make the look.

posted over 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

yeah it also depends how short the shorts are, just choose really cute heels

posted over 9 years ago

EUCYFUL
Shop_seller_2 EUCYFUL is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
EUCYFUL

try it with tailored shorts
ripped jean shorts prob would look trashy lol

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I think it would depend upon the shorts themselves (preferably not cut-offs, and the length would be very important), and the heels. I’ve considered wearing heeled booties with shorts and a cardigan.

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Chic if they’re nice shorts : )

posted over 9 years ago

Ecclecsis
Style_council
Ecclecsis

I always feel like it works better if the shoes are more closed in (like ankle boots) and your top half is more covered (long sleeves/jackets). Or you could always throw on tights.

posted over 9 years ago

Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

i think its totally cute if done right. You dont want your butt hanging out and worn with stilletos. thats trashy. longer shorts and wedges are my favorite.

posted over 9 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

it depends on how you wear it…it can either look chic or trashy

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

depends! again…lol

you’ll be showing a lot of leg, so you should be covered up everywhere else. as long as they aren’t jean shorts :)

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I have no problem with it. For me it’s what’s worn on the top half that makes or breaks this particular style and makes the big difference between nice and trashy.

posted over 9 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

i don’t think it’s trashy if you wear some cute shorts and heels

posted over 9 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

tough one. for me if you’re dressed casual, then you can get away with casual heels, such as wedges. If you’re dressed to go out, dress with the flashy heels.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password