Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

I adore rompers, but I feel like they’re too impractical. It seems annoying to have to take your whole outfit off to use the bathroom. Does anyone have any tips for wearing rompers so they’re not miserable to wear?

posted almost 10 years ago
elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I got one over the summer and I STILL haven’t worn it. I think I’m afraid to. I live in a town that is about four years behind on fashion. :(

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i hate it when i buy something and never wear it! horrible, horrible feeling. i just got a romper today from urban. i think i’ll only be able to wear it to a short event, like…dinner or a play or something…because i think i would get fed up with it if i wore it to class and i had to keep taking off the whole thing to use the bathroom.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i love rompers but i don’t own one! i really am worried about the impracticality of them though… i agree it would be best to wear them to events that don’t go for a very long time.
when you’re buying a romper… i guess try and make sure that it’s easy to take on and off and doesn’t have too many fiddly zips or buttons, so that you won’t be struggling for ages to take it off when you have to go to the bathroom :P

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

i have two rompers. i have worn one of em to my classes and i got a lot of looks since no one around here wears em either. i used the rr maybe twice. it was well worth it :)

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I have a couple and made the mistake of buying ones that do up with buttons. It can take quite a while to undo it when going to the toilet. If you’re going to wear one, try and get a zip up one or one that you can just slip on and off at the top, it’ll be less time consuming.

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

thanks for the pointers, spashofcolour. i’m relieved that the one i bought is a zip up! though i do think that the button up ones are really adorable.

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I love the look of rompers, but I just know with my shape, they would look weird. I’m very top heavy and have a pudgy waist and small hips. I would definitely get one that zips or pulls on and off because that’s an emergency not worth risking :)

itmakestheworldturn
Style_council
itmakesthewo...

i really love rompers, but i live in a town where people are quick to judge. plus, i’m a high school freshman so its hard to wear things very high-fashiony even though i try. there’s this great color block romper on forever21.com that i really like and it doesn’t have any buttons or anything: you just pull it on. but i really wish i could wear one to school…

fashionista127
Style_council
fashionista127

Rompers are super cute and so in this season, but you have to be careful with wearing the right kind for your body cause sometimes it looks like people are wearing a diaper or something.

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

aww, itmakestheworldturn, i know where you’re coming from. when i was 13, i wore knee high socks to school, and people literally pointed and laughed at me. a few years later, as a high school sophomore, i wore them again, and people loved it.

maybe you can wear the romper when you’re out with your friends?

lovleybabe
Style_council
lovleybabe

I have a romper from american apperal, and i really love it but its SO short, like REALLY short. I get extremley wierd looks from people on the street, and creepy guys have come up to me on the street and were like “omg, i only saw you from behind, youre so much younger than i thought you were.” and im like ew your and 85 year old homeless man, go away.

Rompers = cute, if worn correctly.

strawberrt
Style_council
strawberrt

rompers are cute, but i wouldnt wear them to school. It’s annoying to undo all the buttons! Now that it’s getting chiller over here, I think i’ll have to wait till next spring/summer to wear it. Like when I do my errands!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I just got a new one today, it’s abutton one but it only has 3 buttons, and the top part is braces style and loosens and tightens with a buckle on the back. It’s pretty cool and seems like it won’t take me ages to get it on and off.

Clementine
Style_council
Clementine

I got one (you can see it on my page) and i truly love it, i wear it everytime. in a sunny way with tank top and sandals or in a winter way with tights and top :)

greenelphiexoxo
Style_council
greenelphiexoxo

Ugh.. I’ve been wanting to buy one for a while now, and I never could find one! Everyone always takes my size! There are ALOT of petite asian (counting me, lol) girls in my area that love fashion just as much as I do

metaldiamondsfur
Style_council
metaldiamond...

i have three rompers all of different materials and weights. they are a good alternative for those days when every outfit just doesn’t seem to work. i bought one this weekend made of polyester and wore it to work. it’s super breathable so it was awesome for running around all day.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password