Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Brenth
Style_council
Brenth

I reeaallyyy want to buy some Ray Ban sunglasses but I feel as if they’re too trendy to wear now. Your opinions?

P.S. These are the ones I have in mind. =]
http://eyeglasses.go-optic.com/store/Eyeglasses/details.asp?id=21251

posted almost 10 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I’m not crazy about Wayfarer styles for regular glasses, but if you’re thinking about getting them as plain sunglasses, I would say go right ahead. It’s a pretty classic shape and they aren’t actually that trendy; it’s just that folks have been picking up on more traditional/timeless styles for certain accessories lately.

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I agree with geekbonchic. I’m also a big fan of their aviator sunglasses.

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I see no problem with them unless it just doesn’t look right on your face (this is a reocurring factor for many people I’ve seen).

Brenth
Style_council
Brenth

Thanks for the responses. I’m probably going to buy some cheap ones from UO before I buy the real thing. Just to have a little test run to see how they look before doing some investing.

roleepop
Style_council
roleepop

i really love it.. hmm.. just make sure it will match to your style >_<

ThaoVy
Style_council
ThaoVy

I don’t think they’re overdone at all if you have the real Ray Bans and everyone around you are rocking the imitations.

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

i agree with missmi up there ^ if you like them, wear them, screw what other people are wearing! i have a pair from urban outfitters because they were on sale for $10 since the ones from ray ban don’t really fit my face as nicely as the ones from urban outfitter’s do, and i’ve been wearing them everyday this past summer!! i love them :)

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i love wayfarers and i would get a pair if they did not look so completely wrong on my face. i think few women pull them off well, it usually looks better on guys.

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

i love the wayfarers! I have imitation ones in so many colors. They are a great way to spice up an outfits (as in the color ones) or have a classic look with the all black (mine have a mirror image on them)

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i love ray ban & the wayfarers are amazing cause they can brighten up your whole look but i think everybody kinda overdid the style last summer.

but if you like them & it looks good on you, then screw everybody else & get them!

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i love ray bans and wayfarers look great on everyone. I think they’re a classic staple, and can’t be overdone. Not to mention, you can get one pair and have them for years upon years.

posted over 9 years ago

kristameth
Style_council
kristameth

I have had my black classics for a few years now and they have lasted me this entire time. I don’t care if they are trendy because they are a classic piece in my wardrobe and they’re real so fuck it. I’m dying for the club masters!

posted over 9 years ago

PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

i love these sunglasses but i wish they werent everywhere and so expensive. but they are certainly classic

posted over 9 years ago

sniels35
Style_council
sniels35

love love love my ray ban wayfarers!!!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password