Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

It’s been so humid out lately where I live. It rained this morning, so it’s not really hot out. (Yay, I get to wear a longer dress!) But I had to change my shirt 3 times yesterday because the humidity & heat made me feel so icky. X(

So, how do you dress when the weather is humid? Do you wear something breezy or loose? Do you wear less clothing? Do you wear an undershirt? Do you pack extra clothes? Do you hope for the best?

posted about 9 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

oh gosh, tell me about it! i’ve been wearing next to nothing lately, and i’m just glad i’ve got nowhere to go, i just chill around the house in one of the man’s tees!

Other than that, in the beautiful ohio weather, light cotton sundresses have become a bit of a staple….as we talk it’s raining, though, so i’m gonna do a little happy dance and wrap up in a towel after I play in it :D

posted about 9 years ago

piqlopher
Style_council
piqlopher

I live in Chicago and please tell me about it! Wet humid summer days are a yuck and unfortunately we’ve had lots of that lately.

I’d go with breezy skirt and a white/light-colored tank. Bring a light rain-proof 3/4-sleeve jacket with you. Bring smaller purse and wear sandals (so you don’t ruin your cute flats if it pours).

For weekends, go with loose t-shirt with tank underneath, and pair it up with cute light-colored shorts.

For me, wearing light colored outfits helps with the heat. the less layer you have on you is better!

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i hate humidity. it drives my hair insane. i usually just walk around in tanks and shorts, can’t dress fashionably without things sticking to me

posted about 9 years ago

myelzi
Style_council
myelzi

I live in Florida so the humidity is always awful, especially when it’s 90+ degrees out. Wear looser clothing, but make sure that it isn’t very dark. Also, wear your hair up. You can avoid the nasty hair-stuck-to-your-neck situation and it doesn’t get as frizzy.

posted about 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Ugh it’s gotten humid here, too. It’s the rainy season, so the temperature is higher and it rains almost every day (but not enough to cool things down), making the world like a steam bath.

The worst is dressing for work. (My workplace has no AC). If I were just a student on summer vacation, I’d hang out in tank tops, short shorts, and breezy sleeveless sundresses no problem— but I’ve got to look nice and slightly covered-up. I usually wear as few layers as possible and keep things fairly loose. I wear a lot of skirts. I don’t change while at work, but I change as soon as I get home.

I can’t do anything with my hair except put it up and reinforce it with a headband. Sometimes humidity can enhance my curls, but when it’s raining on and off and it’s just as humid inside my apartment as outside, my head just explodes into a mass of frizz.

posted about 9 years ago

cbea067
Style_council
cbea067

argh humidity is a nightmare. i usually try to wear flowy clothes, nothing too tight otherwise i feel gross lol. i also do nothing with my hair or makeup because i know it will just get ruined

posted about 9 years ago

teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

I put my hair up and wear breezy florals and whites. Or I wear one of those dry-fit shirts from Nike that absorb all your sweat and keep you from feeling sticky. :)

posted about 9 years ago

BlackSheep
Style_council
BlackSheep

I put my hair up too, also wear some breezy clothes, especially LOOSE dresses and loose t-shirts+shorts.

BLACK SHEEP

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Flowy = only way to survive humidity (in my opinion).

posted about 9 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

bandeaus+ loose tanks+ shorts = summer gear
I like the humidity for my hair sorta. it makes it really curly (and frizzy, it feels coarser too) but I like how wild it looks.

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

loose tanks, flowy silky tops, and cut-offs/shorts, rompers, skirts

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password