Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thesweetvanity
Style_council
thesweetvanity

This winter I’ve seen a thousand girl in black, black it’s everywhere and the blue ? the red? the yellow reserved for summer ??
In clothes but also nailpolish …
I think we all have this idea that the colours are not allowed in winter
Tell me what you think If I’m wrong , If I’m right.

xoxo, thesweetvanity

posted over 9 years ago
ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

It is a common practice; I mean I live near Seattle and they are known for their drab colors as much as NYC. It’s a classic and I do love black nails…but ultimately, those who choose to wear colors will stand out more. Tradition does dictate darker colors in winter…but many traditions and fashion rules were made to be broken.
Oh! But black does drawn sunlight; so it can keep you warmer than other colors.

posted over 9 years ago

thesweetvanity
Style_council
thesweetvanity

Nice response ;-)
Like you say ‘’ many traditions and fashion rules were made to be broken.’’

posted over 9 years ago

melissag
Style_council
melissag

well i try to wear other colors but just darker shades

posted over 9 years ago

CestKenza
Style_council
CestKenza

black is so classy tho.
winter i don’t really wear bright colors much honestly, just deep shades of a color (dark purple, blue, burgundy, ect..)

posted over 9 years ago

AnyaSonya
Style_council
AnyaSonya

i think it depends on where you live… i live in Canada so with the snow and greyish-bluish skies, dark tones are complimented, and bright colours and patterns look out of place…

posted over 9 years ago

New_user 7686 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 7686 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I love black but I think it serves as a perfect base. How about a black dress and a bright yellow scarf!

posted over 9 years ago

puddingandpie
Style_council
puddingandpie

I find if I wear lots of dark colours in the winter, I start to feel depressed. I’m the girl in the bright red winter coat.

posted over 9 years ago

Smaish
Style_council
Smaish

People do tend to wear warmer colours in the winter but I refuse to wear my one and only black coat unless I have a bright scarf with it.

posted over 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

hmm… i tend to wear more colors in the winter b/c all around me everything is so drab and gloomy that i need color in my world

posted over 9 years ago

Alphaangel90
Style_council
Alphaangel90

WINTER COLORS YOU CAN WEAR ALL EXCEPT THE WHITE. IF YOU CHOOSE WHITE MAKE SURE IT IS WINTER WHITE WHEN BUYING OUTFITS. coats, IT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHAT COLOR. black IS A BASIC COLOR AND YOU DON’T WONT TO LOOK LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SO SPICE UP YOUR WARDROBE WITH DIFFERENT COLORS. IN EVERY COLOR IT IS A DARKER COLOR IF YOU THAT MUCH IN DOUBT IN SOFT AND DARK TONES. EXAMPLE SOFT PINKS CHOOSE FUCHSIA FOR THE WINTER, REDS CHOOSE BURGUNDY, FOR WHITE CHOOSE CREAM,IVORY,OFF WHITE,TAUPE THIS HOW YOU SELECT YOU CHOOSE SUMMER/SPRING FROM FALL/WINTER.THE TREND TODAY PEOPLE PRETTY MUCH WEAR WHAT THEY WANT.

posted over 9 years ago

taralily
Style_council
taralily

While I do tend to wear darker colors in the winter (black, brown, dark blues greens and reds, etc.) I don’t restrict myself. I mean, I wouldn’t wear my bright bumblebee yellow sundress in the winter, but that doesn’t mean light colors are completely off limits.

Sometimes I’ll wear light-colored tights, and my jewelery/accessories are always unpredictable.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password