Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dEE_sUNSHiNEr
Style_council
dEE_sUNSHiNEr

would you be able to throw out a dress or top or anyhting that you love love love because you cant and wont be able to fit in it anymore?

posted about 10 years ago
theSarahJane
Style_council
theSarahJane

never, not if I loved it! I’d keep it in my closet and make it fit one day lol, or I’d reconstruct it into something that DID fit me properly.

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

No! If I wouldn’t fit into something I do hope to keep it and store it someplace. I plan on doing this with a lot of my items. Hopefully I’ll have a daughter who will love vintage. :D

J_xan
Style_council
J_xan

NO! what a waste! I would try hard to fit in it again, but if not, i would give it to a friend or one of my younger step sisters.

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

nope. i’ll frame it.

cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

no, i feel sad when i have to “clean out” my closet. I usually give it to my mom or sister so this way it doesn’t go to waste, it just sucks that i wouldn’t be able to wear it anymore!

bauss
Style_council
bauss

Well I wouldn’t run into that problem since I’m pretty much done growing… but hypothetically I gain a bunch of weight….

No. When I realize I can’t fit into my favourite clothes anymore, I would start working out like MAD, and slowly throw out my “fat” clothes as I climb back down sizes to motivate me to stay in my favourite clothes. I don’t want to be fat haha… too many health complications that come with that.

I can also sew and I like reconstructing old clothes!

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I wish I could sew. :/

I have a really awesome machine but I can’t figure it out myself & my mom’s too busy to teach me. Sigh.

bauss
Style_council
bauss

Aw! Wait, so you can’t figure out how to work the machine or how to put things together?

Sewing is soooo tricky at first haha.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’d try to alter it or find a new use for it, or I’d try to pass it on to someone I know so I can at least see it being loved by someone else. And I never actually throw out clothes unless they’re actually torn up or stained— I donate them, so even if it comes to that, I can imagine someone else out there in the world enjoying it . . .

That said, there are a couple of things I have saved just to save, packed away in a memory box, like my favorite “Lambie jammies” (pajamas with a sleeping lamb printing on them) I wore as a toddler and neither my mom nor I could bear to part with.

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

NO NO NO NEVER! NEVER THROW AWAY CLOTHES! It’s not only terrible for the environment, but you’re tossing a piece of clothing you can pass on to a friend or family memeber, and get the satisfaction of seeing them enjoy it as much as you did! Donate them, at least, or alter it and turn it into something better!

I save all my old stuff that has sentimental value, because i’m actually working on a memory quilt haha

posted over 9 years ago

SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

I can’t remember the last time I threw away a piece that could still be worn by someone else.
If there’s still a chance that I can eventually fit in something again, then I’ll keep it.
Otherwise I’ll turn it into something else or give it to someone I know. :)

posted over 9 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I wouldn’t throw it out if I currently still loved it! And I never throw out clothes… I donate them if I know someone else I know won’t take it

posted over 9 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

hahaha, well….
there’s no chance for me to true out away because i havent grown since i was like 13? most of my clothes from that time still fits me! :P

posted over 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I’ve already have done it with this adorable ruffley, lace shirt. I didn’t throw it out, I donated it to my Consumer Awareness class’ clothing store. LUCKILY, if we don’t sell enough stuff, we’ll either donate it to a Goodwill or I can snatch it back when nobody’s looking >> << lol

posted over 9 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I have!! And it sucks!! I gained A LOTTT of weight this past year, and had to give a lot of my clothes away!! I had a couple jeans, shorts, and tops that I loved to death, but gave them to my younger nieces! And now I hate when they wear what I gave them, cuz it sux that they look so good on them!

Now I’m just saving the clothes that no longer fit me, for when I lose weight! It’s kinda motivational!!

posted over 9 years ago

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

I would never give away a piece of clothing that i LOVED AND ADORED even if it didnt fit me. Im horible :x

posted over 9 years ago

sandram
Style_council
sandram

haha, NOOOOOOOO! It’s kinda funny but just because I’m changing my bra’s size quite often that doesn’t mean that I’m gonna throw away my fav tops&co just because I need a lil bit bigger size.. that’s also a problem when I buy dresses or sth like that.. because I usualy wear size M, but I need a size L to look ok.. WHATEVER :)))) It’s kinda weird..

posted over 9 years ago

Style_council

haha, no – i have sentimental attachments to my clothing. even if i wore it once and have a good memory, i cannot bear to throw it away.
im moving, and tried to clean out my cupboard but ive justified keeping most of my clothes, even those i havent worn in over a year

posted over 9 years ago

Daneat
Style_council
Daneat

yes, i would donate it to someone less fortunate. even though i love it, it would eventually take up space. hopefully someone else would be able to love & appreciate it as much as i did(:

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

yeah, and I agree, I would donate it too! :)

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password