Twitter
Googleplus
Mutterfly
New_user Mutterfly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mutterfly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mutterfly

Some people just get famous through blogging and immedietly they just shoot to stardom without even completing any grades or school..is that advisable?

posted over 8 years ago
magali
Style_council
magali

Not at all if you ask me.

posted over 8 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Least advisable, i’d say. Yes, some people get lucky, but overall blogging is more of a hobby.

posted over 8 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

It really depends. Very few people REALLY make it out. Like Tavi Gavinson from thestylerookie, she got pretty damn lucky. She gets free gifts from designers, goes to shows all the time, but she’s still generally a normal kid.

And then there’s Cory Kennedy…popular for sneaking out of her house to go to clubs, get photographed, being on magazines, blogging and then had to be sent away to a private school. Where is she now? I believe she’s semi-working for Nylon magazine and still photographing and blogging.

Really, those were lucky shots. I’d just stick with it part-time.

posted over 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Agreeing with the above comments… i’d think it was very very rare for a blogger to make it big so that they are able to blog full time or be able to support themselves just from blogging!!

posted over 8 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

And the ones who do make it big how long can it last as a full time career? It’s a relatively new phenomenon so we don’t yet know for sure if it can be sustained for 10 or 20 years like a traditional career. What happens when people and sponsors lose interest and move on to the next hot blog? A truly successful blogger must someday parlay their blogging fame into something more sustainable like styling, designing, editing etc. And without a solid back ground of some sort, that could be difficult. I started a blog very recently to promote my handmade shop on etsy. I hope to someday support myself through selling the stuff I make and collect but not by blogging itself. I am also a college grad and old by this site’s standards.

posted over 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Blogging, like just about every other career in media (art, journalism, television, acting, etc), is very sensitive to demand: the support of sponsors and ad sales and how much people are reading your work and giving you views. You may have a good thing going now, but it could end in an instant, and you have to always have the next step in mind.

Unfortunately even the “institutionalized” careers blogging can directly lead to— like style columnist in a magazine— aren’t always the most secure positions, either. It’s definitely wise to have some other skills to fall back on (and quickly!) in case blogging ceases to pay the bills and it hasn’t brought you to anything else. I would NEVER encourage to cease their education to blog full-time. Make some money while you’re also in school, sure, but don’t hedge your bets like that!

Plus maybe it’s just me, but the most interesting style blogs I’ve read are written by people who do something else besides just blog about style. I think it gives them more perspective and flavor to their work.

posted over 8 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Anyone who can be commited to a blog full time and make people want to read it, should do it. I see no problem with not completing an education to be a blogger. If the person makes it than their education or whatever helped them get there. If they don’t make it than hopefully they learn a lesson. I’m all for people learning lessons on their own. Well maybe except for meth.

posted over 8 years ago

CrashingRed
Style_council
CrashingRed

It shpould be enjoyable – at first of all :)

posted over 8 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Personally I’d do it part-time.

posted over 8 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

i do it part time….i have a life. i say just do it as much as you have time for, without letting it impact the rest of your life. theres no point in looking good if you spend all of your free time in front of a computer blogging. people get too wrapped up in it if you ask me. just make sure you’re having fun.

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers
Shop_seller_2 ragsandfeathers is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ragsandfeathers

fashion just happens to be what i’m wearing while i’m living my actual life

posted over 8 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

ragsandfeathers: perfect, I may quote you..

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers
Shop_seller_2 ragsandfeathers is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ragsandfeathers

wrensandroses, we are on the same wavelength! probably no coincidence that we’re also both about 10 years older than everyone else on here ;)

posted over 8 years ago

Jettica
Style_council
Jettica

You don’t have to blog full time to become famous or make money. I guess once you get recognition and more visits then you should step up the posting regime but full time work isn’t needed for that.

I blog part time at Feeling Stylish, am not particularly well known and I make about £150 a month from my blogging activities along with loads and loads of free stuff such a make up and clothes.

posted over 8 years ago

kelleyscloset17
Style_council
kelleyscloset17

I think blog should def be in your daily routine, because when ppl start following you they like to see new post every time they check your site. I try to do 2 post a day. http://kelleyscloset17.blogspot.com/

posted over 8 years ago

nylon1
Style_council
nylon1

part-time! You shouldn’t base life off Fashion

posted over 8 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I think it’s great as a hobby :) If you’re one of the lucky ones and get famous from it GO FOR IT! But I would prefer to have an education first as something to fall back on!

posted over 8 years ago

Florida
Style_council
Florida

depends on how talented you are, it is also a job that requires great talent, and the fact not everybody have it

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password