Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
channierie
Style_council
channierie

fellow chictopians! i need your help! i’ve been a total insomniac the whole summer. I find it so hard to sleep. do have any advice?

posted about 9 years ago
polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

I find it particularly hard to sleep in summer too! Probably because of the heat

Before going to bed maybe do something quiet like reading a book, or something that just takes your mind off things. Putting a drop or two of lavender oil in your pillow also helps :)

posted about 9 years ago

TheyCallMeLauren
Style_council
TheyCallMeLa...

i’m suffering from insomnia right now! lol. polkadotlace is right. also i like to listen to calming music…

posted about 9 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

ok ok! i will try that. counting sheep is so not working for me ! :(

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

If you’re having trouble getting to sleep, try not to do things like do homework, watch tv or go on the computer for at least an hour before you go to bed, which make your mind and brain active. Instead, do relaxing things, maybe read a book, have a warm bath or listen to some soft music. Don’t eat a lot before going to bed. Try and keep a regular sleep schedule, even on weekends (so don’t sleep in too much because then you’ll stay up later!)
I’ve heard that regular exercise during the afternoon helps too. Make sure your bed is comfy and that your room isn’t too hot or cold!
Just some things I have heard of, not sure how well they work since I usually sleep ok but they might help! You can also look up stuff on Google.

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

counting sheep never worked for me xP don’t nap during the day for more than half an hour and don’t nap any later than the early afternoon

posted about 9 years ago

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

A few years ago i had such bad insomnia that i ended up going to the doctors after surviving a week on 8 hours sleep.

I ended up having to go on tablets called melatonin which is a replica of the sleep hormone we produce when we’re tired. You can find supplements of this in chemists.

He suggested things like hot milk and a banana an hour before bed (both speed up the production of melatonin), no TV of laptop or blue screen based technology before bed, No caffine after 5pm, a long soak in a bath, reading a book, lavender near your bed (not on your pillow- too strong a scent of lavender will actually keep you awake) and he also advised coming up with a routine before bed each night.

For example, make sure you go to bed and wake up at the same time. Before bed, turn off the TV and read a book or magazine or write in a journal. Then have a bath or wash your face and concentrate on your skincare routine. Then get into bed (room should be cool, not warm) and if you still don’t feel sleepy, read for a while but at your ‘sleep time’ turn off the light and tell yourself that it is now time to sleep and that whatever sleep you get will be enjoyed. If after an hour, you’re still tossing and turning, get up and go to another room and do something relaxing. Meditate, read, draw, write etc and then after half an hour try and go back to bed.

It took me a few months but i eventually got passed my insomnia using all of these tips. Good luck!

posted about 9 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

I read the Bible. It’s not boring, but if you read Psalms, it’s pretty soothing!

posted about 9 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

Plus you don’t have to read a lot. Just a verse or two will do it, usually.

posted about 9 years ago

short_sweet
Style_council
short_sweet

omg i read psalm 91 and i’m so soothed and relaxed
i use to have SOME BENEDRYL or tylenol pm or some wine
i even tried different sleeping pill
b6 is a vitamin that makes you sleepy
i also tried mil and honey
excerise more during the day

posted about 9 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

I drink tea before I go to bed and try not to eat within an hour or so of going to sleep. Those help me,

posted about 9 years ago

juliainvideoland
Style_council
juliainvideo...

i had the same problem, so i tried taking benadryll. the only problem with that was i started taking it every night, and then i got addicted to it which was not good. i finally got off it and started taking melatonin instead, but i find it doesn’t help. i would say the best thing would be to go to your doctor, they know what’s best.

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

i have the same problem. i can’t fall asleep til like 1 or 2 even though i wake up as early as 6 in the morning. so i listen to relaxing music to help me fall asleep. also, make sure that the temperature in your room isn’t over 75 degrees since the heat can keep you up.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password