Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

This is for my overall health, i am actually not overweight, but i know that fast food, and junk food will catch up with me in the long run. i need tips on breaking this addiction

posted almost 9 years ago
MarieMarieMarie
Style_council
MarieMarieMarie

Don’t put junk food in your house…instead buy easy to eat fruits and vegetables like those little carrots and grapes…just put them in bags in the refrigerator so you can grab them quick whenever you feel a craving for junk food coming on. If you force yourself to do this, after a while…you should start to actually prefer healthier foods because you’ll feel so much better! Good luck!!!

taylorjonas
Style_council
taylorjonas

dont have junk food by you or in your house. i personally think its okay to eat it sometimes but not alot. buy healthier foods

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with the above comments: Basically, make it easy for you to eat healthy food, and harder for you to eat junk food.

Keep junk food out of the house, or put it out of sight in the pantry while you keep fruit, etc, in plain view where it’s easy to grab.

If you do eat something less healthy like chips or cookies, put a serving on a plate and wrap the package back up and put it away instead of eating out of the bag. Just the moment of having to go back in the kitchen and get more can make you stop and think about whether you need it.

If you can, plan meals, like packing lunches for school or work. If you pack lunch ahead of time, like after dinner the night before when you are not hungry, you’re more likely to make healthy choices about what to eat. Then once you have your sack lunch there, you’ll want to eat it because it’s all ready and waiting for you, and you won’t have to make a decision about what to eat— which when you’re hungry is more likely to be something calorie-rich and not-so-good for you.

In time, you’ll find healthy snacks you love and even start to prefer them over unhealthy ones (: Good luck!

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

great idea marieX3. great ideas, will definitly try to make that change now. murasakineko. and taylorjonas, i will try!

angiekje
Style_council
angiekje

one advice from me: don’t just stop eating it, because it won’t work: you will crave for it, you should never forbid yourself to eat something, it’s like when I say: don’t think of a white rabbit…

what are you thinking about now :D just start with making the amounts smaller, then eat not as many times, if you used to eat it 2 times a day, then start eating smaller amounts one time a day, then every other day, don’t just stop :) junk food has something in it that works adictive :D

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

~keep healthy snacks around you. fruit and nuts and stuff like that
~don’t go grocery shopping when you are hungry, you will end up buying more junk food because it looks so good when you’re hungry
~try to keep a certain pace. Like…I’ll only eat fast food once every 2 weeks or every month or whatever. Whenever you feel like pulling up to a fast food place, think whether you want to use your one time to eat it now or save it for later. gradually make the time periods between fast food stops longer.
~if you really wanna treat yourself to some junk food, pour out some into a bowl or something so you know exactly how much you are eating. If you eat chips or whatever from the bag, you might not realize how much you’ve eaten until the bag is empty.

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

def. agree with the boredstephanie about keeping healthy foods near

but you also just kind of have to quit cold turkey and you have to have the willpower to stick to it.

YchieRiot
Style_council
YchieRiot

hmmm..i’m gonna share you my favorite,this could help you for sure =) fruit yogurt!!! so so yummy!!! and you’ll surely stay fit and healthy!!!

Bettibop
Style_council
Bettibop

^ boredstephanie has a lot of good tips!

Since moving to a new place with a new roommate who doesn’t eat potato chips I have stopped cold turkey (for about 8 months) and I never crave it anymore. I just threw out a half a bag of chips that a friend brought over in June.

The best thing is not to buy junk food and to start cooking some really tasty health meals…now that I eat healthy tasty food, I think chips & candy just taste fake. When I snack I’ll just have some fruit or nuts to tie me over until I can have a yummy meal.

bserene
Style_council
bserene

Go vegan!

It may sound crazy but it will cut off almost all junk food possibilities and you’ll be forced to eat healthier food. (:

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

you guys, i am def gonna try your advice, and sorry bserene i can’t go vegan

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I’m a veg and “going vegan” just sounds extremely ridiculous in this situation.

ALWAYS keep healthy snack foods on you! [i.e. Craisins, granola bars, apples, etc] It will stray you away from buying food while out and will help you to eat healthier when you crave something. :)

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Cold turkey! It’ll will suck for a few days and then you won’t crave it anymore.

happie
Style_council
happie

Keep yourself busy and you wont think about eating at all.

SaffronHaze
Style_council
SaffronHaze

I agree with Angie and say don’t get too drastic and cut out bad foods all together. It’ll make you want it more and you might end up binging. I feel healthier now when I snack on naughty foods occassionally than when I used to obssess over what I was eating. Eventually you will find a healthy moderation that suits you.

Dark chocolate is a good junk food substitute, it’s better for you than normal chocolate and it tastes richer too so you don’t eat as much.

Agree with everyone about making healthy foods easily accessible. It’s a good idea to carry healthy snacks with you when you’re out and about so when you get hungry, the healthy snack is more convenient than fast food or a vending machine.

Also agree with happie about keeping yourself busy!

kat18
Style_council
kat18

I don’t know if this would work, but how about trying to stock up on fruits and vegetables and healthy snacks instead and give the junk food away or hide it from yourself. Out of sight, out of mind.

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

if you are really craving something sweet try snacking on raisins and nuts instead of junk food and other fruits that you really like
pecans have a sweeter taste to them

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

Just try to avoid and say to yourself how its bad for your body and your not really huungry for that,

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password