Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

ok, so i’ve been cleaning my room. I want to have more space and is trying to get rid or some shoes (mostly sandals) that i dont use anymore, they’re old, with a few damages but i dont want to put them to trash, i want some other way to which i can get rid of it. You guys have any idea?

Should i give it away to some children on the streets? Recycle them? Give it to a junk shop?

posted over 10 years ago
lauralovestoshop
Style_council
lauralovesto...

I work for a shoe boutique, and we collect used shoes for an organization called Soles 4 Souls. For more information there website is www.giveshoes.org

It really is a great organization, so this might just be the answer to where you can start sending you unneeded items:) Hope this helps!
posted over 10 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I would give it away as well. Nothing makes me feel better than giving stuff to those who need it.

posted over 10 years ago

silentscary
Style_council
silentscary

give it or if it’s something really valuable, hit up craigslist.com or consign it somewhere.

posted over 10 years ago

pammella
Style_council
pammella

Most areas have a city mission – they can always use clothing and shoes! Always rewarding to give…

posted over 10 years ago

elizabethwinn
Style_council
elizabethwinn

i work at a consignment shop…find one in your area and make some extra cash ! at my store, we also donate what we don’t accept to sell from you !

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Why don’t you offer the ones that aren’t too damaged for wearing to your friends or family if they wear the same shoe size as you. That’s always a nice gesture and if you ever decided you wanted to wear a certain pair again you can borrow them back.

posted over 10 years ago

neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

whatever is decent, sell at a buy/sell/trade store, you’ll be surprised at what they take and reject sometimes… and whatever they reject take that to a charity store… don’t throw clothes away, that’s not eco friendly…

posted over 10 years ago

cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

i just sent it to an organization for street kids. The coordinator asked me in a kinda puzzled voice, “why do you want to give all your shoes?” I wanted to tell him, “trust me i have lots left at home!” hahaaha

Thanks for all the infos.

posted over 10 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Ebay, charities

posted over 10 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I have heard of the Soles 4 Souls and seems like a great thing. How awful to think that some people don’t even have any shoes! Can you imagine?

posted over 10 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Soles 4 Souls is great. I donated a couple pairs of shoes right before Christmas and received a discount coupon for Piperlime.

posted over 10 years ago

helenz
Style_council
helenz

You can also apply to be a seller on Chictopia :-) Cheri should be able to add you as a seller if you message her.

posted over 10 years ago

erbear
Style_council
erbear

goodwill!

posted over 9 years ago

playingwithfire
Style_icon
playingwithfire

I have so many shoes I am definitely going to donate to Soles 4 Souls, what a great idea.

posted over 9 years ago

antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

i give my old things to the salvation army or goodwill :)

posted over 9 years ago

Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

I usually try to sell whatever is in good condition to local consignment and secondhand shops for a bit more $$ to spend on new items. Otherwise, you could take them to a thrift shop of your choice, or donate them to a local charity organization.

posted over 9 years ago

Bstellar
Style_council
Bstellar

most definitely give them to someone in need, their a whole bunch or organizations you can donate them to; salvation army, Haiti, shoes4souls.org, soo much more, just google it if you want to find one in your area.

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I give my old stuff to salvation army

posted over 8 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

I donate to Goodwill

posted over 8 years ago

bonjoursimone
Style_council
bonjoursimone

Definitely donate to charity. Soles 4 Souls is a charity that gives shoes to people in need: http://www.soles4souls.org/

posted over 8 years ago

HerPhantasmagoria
Style_council
HerPhantasma...

There are two ways I go about getting rid of stuff, both are ways of recycling.

I either donate things to charity shops and causes or I sell them to resale thrift stores. Usually someone will willingly take things off your hands if you put them out there.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password