Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ragsandfeathers
Shop_seller_2 ragsandfeathers is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ragsandfeathers

RED! i’m 24 and I’ve never dyed my hair. I used henna and it was so messy… Now i’m waiting for the hot water to come back so I can finish rinsing it! wish me luck.

posted over 8 years ago
opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Good luck! I’ve never heard of dyeing hair with henna. Totally gonna look it up!

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

how did it turn out? I didn’t know that you could dye hair with henna o.o

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers
Shop_seller_2 ragsandfeathers is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ragsandfeathers

oh my gosh, it looks INCREDIBLE. it was SO messy though, I had to use 350 g of henna and mix it with lemon juice and it ended up being about a QUART of paste, ALL of which I managed to put on my head. then I made a giant turban out of plastic wrap and left it on for about 4 hours… took FOREVER to rinse it all out…

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers

ragsandfeathers

the advantage to using henna is that unlike normal hair dye which is bad for your hair, henna is just a crushed up plant and is actually GOOD for your hair. also, even though it can yield very bright red colors it is a translucent dye which allows the natural variations in depth of color to show through from your original hair color… kind of like staining wood. So it ends up looking much more natural.

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers

ragsandfeathers

however, it looks like there was a mudslide in my bathtub now… except the mud is leaking orange liquid. and my HANDS are orange!

posted over 8 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

The first time I “dyed” my hair with Henna was when I was 8! Glad you like the end-result!
Oh and the orange-hand syndrome should last for a day, next time use plastic gloves.

posted over 8 years ago

ragsandfeathers

ragsandfeathers

this is what it looks like now: http://twitpic.com/3o8ppl

posted over 8 years ago

ImogenLukins
Style_council
ImogenLukins

ooooh briiliant, I’ve just got some henna to dye my hair with but I was putting off using it because I’m worried I won’t like it… defo going to do it asap now!

posted over 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Wow it looks great!!! i’ve never dyed my hair before. I’m not sure whether I could even dye my hair without bleaching it, as my hair is quite dark!

posted over 8 years ago

kelleyscloset17
Style_council
kelleyscloset17

I going to clolor my hair soo omg u should following my blog…I’ll soon be writing ab it…http://kelleyscloset17.blogspot.com/

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

it looks very pretty =D

posted over 8 years ago

somewearintyme
Style_council
somewearintyme

oh my gosh (yes I am slow in replying) gorgeous color on you!

posted over 8 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

It looks great! lovely shade of red :) very natural

posted over 8 years ago

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

Looks great! I’ve always wanted to give Henna a try – but have never been brave enough because it’s result have always seemed so unpredictable.

posted over 8 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

wow i love it! i’ve never tried henna but i’m definitely open to it

posted over 8 years ago

marydberry
Style_council
marydberry

if you use henna vs. “typical” professional hair color (not the box color you get at the drug store), does it fade as easily?

posted over 8 years ago

lutka
New_user lutka is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lutka reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lutka

henna is the way to go!
so much better for your hair. :]

posted over 8 years ago

midnightsun_
Style_council
midnightsun_

Can you use henna over already dyed red hair?

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password