Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
alison_lee
Style_council
alison_lee

a few years ago, i decided i wanted my room reeeally bright, so i painted two walls lime green, one wall bright blue, and the other wall with stripes of lime green, bright blue, and purple. Now, im really into vintage, but im not sure how to make it vintage-y without painting my walls again. Any suggestions?

posted over 8 years ago
Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Well I suppose u could just go for some accessories and some furniture but really it would be a lot easier if u just repaint ur walls!

posted over 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Put vintage-looking wallpaper over it!

Just kidding— that would take even more cost and effort. However, maybe you could work with the idea of wallpaper by hanging sheer or lace fabric along the walls? The color would be masked and faded by the gauzy or lacy texture, and if you chose a vintage-looking pattern to the fabric it could ultimately give you the 3D texture effect a lot of nice vintage wallpaper actually has.

Though it depends on the size of your walls and how easy it is to hang things. It might end up being more annoying than just painting!

posted over 8 years ago

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

You can try to get a really beautiful wallpaper, but don`t put to many stuff in your room because it doesn`t look tidy and I already realize that emptier rooms are more sophisticated!

posted over 8 years ago

alison_lee
Style_council
alison_lee

thanks, i like the fabric idea, but i have a huge window in one wall, and a door in every other wall (except the striped one) so ya know. It gave me a few ideas though so thanks!

posted over 8 years ago

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

Large-pattered vinyl wallpaper — easy to put up and take down, doesn’t leave a mark!

posted over 8 years ago

Farmgirlwrites
Style_council
Farmgirlwrites

^That’s what I would suggest. :)

posted over 8 years ago

laurenkay
Style_council
laurenkay

how about old tapestries? I mean you can probably find some cool ones at so thrift stores. hang up on the wall.

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

yes I think wallpaper would be best if you don’t want to repaint the walls. Lime green isn’t too vintage xP

posted over 8 years ago

InBetweenSeams
Style_council
InBetweenSeams

Definitely try hanging some old antique looking picture frames like this (please excuse naked girl, I think its like the third photo down)

Also, check that site, Desire to Inspire. They have a lot of DIY and interesting ideas!

Hope that helps!

x
E

www.inbetweenseams.com

posted over 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I second the hanging up of old picture frames! You could also try covering large cheap canvases with vintage wallpaper or fabric and hanging them up, you can also use them as photo pinboards! You could also try wall stickers, but these are kind of expensive. You said you have a large window, why not buy or make some curtains using interesting fabric. Vintage style bed linen would probably be the most obvious thing too! also buying things like antique chairs, old telephones, vintage lamps, mirrors, bookcases- i love this!

posted over 8 years ago

MademoiselleBlush
New_user MademoiselleBlush is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MademoiselleBlush reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mademoiselle...

wall papers a great idea to make it vintagey. I’ve always wanted a chandlier! Just leave the walls and invest in a chandlier lol

posted over 8 years ago

glitterpeacock
Style_council
glitterpeacock

Paint can be really cheap if you just get a basic off white colour for your walls and accessorize with nice paintings/photos etc. I know you specifically said without painting but acid brights don’t really scream ‘days gone by’

posted over 8 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I had this ugly yellow wall….I covered it in magazine clippings and spreads and ads and used it as an inspiration wall! It would be really cool if you did that over all your walls, and you could switch stuff out and add whatever you wanted, you could use old newspapers, book pages, anything!

or you could keep the bright colors and go with that fifties-style look. Maybe get a bright frigidair mini-fridge n stuff haha

posted over 8 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

WOW ,

Ive sometimes seen vintage wallpaper on main walls in a bedroom , sometimes this can be very expensive , so just on two walls and then leave the colours on two others.

Your bright colours may work with vintage chinese wallpaper which often uses bright colours

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password