Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I’m starting to get addicted to nail polishes…but why do nail polishes turn your nails yellow??

Any ideas?

posted about 9 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I’ve never had that happen before … try using a base coat first :) That prevents staining

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

i think because your not letting your nails breathe
but yes do use base coat

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

it shouldn’t be turning your nails bad colors unless there’s something funny about the formula, but then again, like maliamazing said, maybe there’s some bacteria getting trapped. i would use a base coat, and wash your hands and nails nicely before painting them, and give them a rest at for at least two or three days, maybe you could just file them and give them a pampering with a little buffer and some cuticle oil and other things. :)

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

my nails have never turned yellow before o.o

posted about 9 years ago

veganhempster
Style_council
veganhempster

put a clear coat first sweety

posted about 9 years ago

crayola4kids
Style_council
crayola4kids

That happened to me once when I used a cheap lime green polish. It took months for the color to grow out, and my nails were super brittle after that. Now I only use natural colors or none at all. So maybe try investing in the more high end nail polishes or don’t use wild colors.

posted about 9 years ago

PaleFeathers
Style_council
PaleFeathers

Nail Cleaning Brush + Whitening Toothpaste. I really don’t do it enough to tell you if it worked for me because my nails are never ‘naked’ long enough, and they’re always covered in polish and thus the yellow covered. However, I’ve read somewhere that it can whiten your nails.

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

it happens pretty much every time i paint my nails, base coat or not. it doesn’t matter to me much, because i always have my nails painted, or the yellowness goes away after a day or so of washing my hands.

posted about 9 years ago

Bobunny
Style_council
Bobunny

When i was five my mom would take me for manicures (little girl polish) and I have been polishing every sense. I have never experienced yellow nails. And though I have seen it…it is usually not a polish wearer.

posted about 9 years ago

Wheatknee
Style_council
Wheatknee

Try to let your nails breath between manicures and look for lacquers without formaldehyde or DBP (both are bad for you).
It’s also more common under darker colors so try lighter, more sheer shades of polish between deep colors too.

And eat better, it keeps your nails healthy.

posted about 9 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

Remove your nail polish after a week, and dont forget to use coating :)

posted about 9 years ago

PearlsLaceAndRuffles
Style_council
PearlsLaceAn...

That never happens me but did you use a base coat before applying the polish? If you didn’t, that could be the problem!

posted about 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

This has very happened to me, only if I’m wearing yellow nail varnish at the time :)

posted about 9 years ago

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

its the stuff in the polish
use a clear/base coat before you apply colored polishh.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password