SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
healthwise
Style_council
healthwise

Big ?
I used to work at college on work study and a part time job. But school’s out, and my part time job hours are diminishing. My mother sells Avon here and there in between work. She suggesting I give it a try and she is begging me to help her out.
I understand you can get 50% of your earnings, and you can even get people to sell for you.

Personally I thought Avon was for old ladies, until I found out girls at school were buying this stuff.

Be honest how would you feel if a guy was selling/ talking to you about cosmetics?

I do need some extra cash to support my photog business, but is selling cosmetics worth it?

posted about 9 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Oh gosh, i’d say go for it! I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable at all buying avon from a guy!

I mean, there are men working at department stores like Macy’s and Dillards selling makeup, why couldn’t you sell avon or mary kay? its good good money!

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i don’t like it when men stop me at the mall at those kiosks and try to sell me beauty stuff.

if you really know what you’re talking about and seem honest, i would buy from you though :)

posted about 9 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i don’t think there’s a problem with men selling cosmetics provided that you are knowledgeable in what you’re selling. i think that’s the case with anything though, you have to know your products so that customers can be confident in your skills. :)

posted about 9 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

The rules for men to sell women’s products:
1. Don’t be creepy.
2. Know what you’re talking about.

If you can follow those rules, you’re good.

posted about 9 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I agree with the above comments. I shop at Sephora regularly, at least in NYC they have a fair share of male employees—they’ve been just as helpful if not more so than female employees. Mall kiosk beauty guys using weird pick-up lines on the other hand, I laugh at.

posted about 9 years ago

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

yes

posted about 9 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

At my local MAC, my favourite sales advisor and the most helpful one is a guy. He’s seriously amazing. Being complimentary will make the girls feel better about themselves. I say go for it!

posted about 9 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

who cares !? why should it matter

posted about 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

Your gender shouldn’t matter. And hey you never know some women may like a guy selling them cosmetics over a woman so they can flirt and ask “well do you think I would look nice with this red lipstick on?”

posted about 9 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

it doesnt matter to me at all

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

yeah, it doesn’t matter if your a guy

posted about 9 years ago

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

It doesnt matter as long as they dont wear it

posted about 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I trust male hairdressers who have never had hair my length or texture, so I would have little trouble distrusting a male just because “he’s never worn makeup.” (Though I think JUKILOVE’s point that being intimate with the product is important— however you can achieve that intimacy!).

As long as you know your stuff I think you’re fine. If you’re charming, you might even have an extra advantage!

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

as long as you know about the product, i don’t see anything wrong with it. as a matter of fact i think guys would do better! i’m surrounded by 90% women in my classes/clubs at school, and i can tell you that when we vote for things like club positions, guys always have the upper hand when getting votes.

and extra points if you’re willing to put the makeup on for product demonstrations.

posted about 9 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

If there Hot and they know wht they’re talking about…why not?

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t think it matters

posted about 9 years ago

katherine1901
Style_council
katherine1901

yeaupppp

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password