Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

Im absolutely cluelesss!!!!! I wanted those shoulder padded dresses that are like puffy from da bottom but up to the kneee .. But im not sure iff i can even find one.. Bit if you guys can help me with ideas .. Colors & stuff like that. This is gonna be a one time thing and i dont wanna ruin the look :/
Thank you

posted over 9 years ago
Lousea
Style_council
Lousea

Go to a shop with lots of dresses in different styles and colours and work from there. That’s what I did, two years ago, and I loved my prom dress. :)

posted over 9 years ago

pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

thank you Lousea .. Thats exactly what I did today but I didnt like most of them :/ Im so picky…

Nikita.. I would love it to be like two shouldered.. but umm my friends say Orange or Green.. But im into Gold too or grey a nice grey.. lol How did you get it made???

posted over 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I have a very pretty silver/grey dress w/ black lace overlay I’m planning to sell. I got it from a friend but it was much too long on me so I never wore it. I can throw in some silver heels if you’re looking for shoes too. The dress has 2 skinny straps and is very Hollywood glamorous, but not puffy. You could wear a crinoline/petticoat under it to be a little more puffy I guess? Send me a note if you’re interested.

posted over 9 years ago

lafilleatomique
Style_council
lafilleatomique

I couldn’t find anything I loved or that showed my personality enough, so I sewed my own. Go to somewhere like JoAnn’s Fabrics and browse through patterns until you find something that catches your eye. Then you’ll be able to customize with whatever fabric and color you want. You could even browse online for old patterns if you want a vintage look without compromising for a dress that’s in ailing condition.

Here’s what I ended up making (ignore the bottom of the dress, I wasn’t finished hemming it yet)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mollywithawhy/promdress013.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mollywithawhy/promdress014.jpg

Good luck!

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

If I go, I’ll be wearing a vintage dress I already have.

posted over 9 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I agree with buying vintage
I got mine on Saturday. it’s an off the shoulder, knee-length 70’s cocktail dress. Sequined boobs and shoulders, in a deep red.
Not very classic, but our prom is informal this year.
With vintage, you’re getting a great piece that you know nobody will have.

posted over 9 years ago

dm2010
Style_council
dm2010

I know everyone goes to Macy’s for prom dresses, but if that’s an option for you, they have a promotion going on for 15% off their prom dresses . Just use promo code FBPROM at the checkout.

posted over 9 years ago

lizeepea
Style_council
lizeepea

Not sure about WHERE to find a dress, but I always thinking emerald green dresses at prom are the most amazing ones. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that wasn’t gorgeous and goddess like. A nice, flowing, floor length is always sure to be a hit :)
Good luck ! <3

posted over 9 years ago

msmonea2010
Style_council
msmonea2010

I am too old for prom but I did see something really cute for my niece. I am into the whole animal print thing so I sent her a picture of a long leopard print dress i saw with some sexy open back action going on LOL

posted over 9 years ago

fshnnerd
Style_council
fshnnerd

i say go to thee betsey johnson outlet find your self a good dress a a nicee price wear it with some peep toe booties and some outregous jewelry a simple hair style and you will breakk necks when you walk in there!

posted over 9 years ago

jwsf415
Style_council
jwsf415

Try Nieman Marcus. They have some really cute dresses plus you can get a free clutch and other goodies= with your purchase.

posted over 9 years ago

NatashaCliche
New_user NatashaCliche is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When NatashaCliche reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
NatashaCliche

i haven’t really been to a prom yet buy if you go online to polyvore, they have beautiful prom dersses

posted over 8 years ago

niqhtsinmiddies
Style_council
niqhtsinmiddies

Hey :) You can find it on ebay.com

Just type in shoulder padded dresses or vintage dresses. Although their used or brand new the’re cheap and worth it goodluck* <33

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I’m pretty sure this girl doesn’t need a prom dress anymore, just saying…its been 9 months

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password