Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
leahloo11243
Style_council
leahloo11243

since this part of the forum is for careers and stuff are any of you guys or girls models?

i really would love some advice.

i have aspired to be a model since i knew what it was.

any tips? like what kind of modeling to get into? what measurements i have to be, etc.?

thank you lovelies :)

posted over 9 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I’m envious. 5’3" won’t ever become a model : )

posted over 9 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I feel your pain pandaphilia! I’m 5’3" with a lifelong dream of being a VS model

posted over 9 years ago

leahloo11243
Style_council
leahloo11243

i am about 5 foot 7, is that too short?

posted over 9 years ago

LoveLetter
Style_council
LoveLetter

I’m a freelance model, mostly just collaborating with local photographers, clothing designers, makeup artists and hairstylists. The best advice I can give you is to do “TFP” shoots with local photographers. This means you help each other develop each others’ portfolio without monetary compensation. I would not advise you to pay lots of money for shoots! Watch out for scams as well, do your research, and rack up a lot of local experience!

posted over 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

5ft 7 is a little short for a runway model, but you can still do other stuff! remember antm cycle 13 when they finally allowed shorter models, their idea of shorter models are 5ft 7!!!! hahaha! but you can still do commerical and editorial tho! your soo lucky to be blessed with height!

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I think Kate Moss may be 5’7", but it is a bit short for most models

posted over 9 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i’m too short. :(

posted over 9 years ago

joyce
Style_council
joyce

There’s a chance you’ll grow you know! And if not, 5’9 is like standard height for runway models, you can still be an editorial/commercial model like someone had already pointed out.

A good start into the modeling world would be to start building a portfolio. You should join modelmayhem.com it’s a social network for local models and photographers in a sense!

posted over 9 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

i really become a model. but i’m afraid i won’t be ‘cause i don’t think im pretty.. :(

posted over 9 years ago

xxfilthfilthfilth
Style_council
xxfilthfilth...

ive done like art modeling, no agent/agency. im almost 5’10" and 120lbs. its not something i can do too much with now, but ill probably do it on the side for money during college. im really interested in high fashion modeling, but never tried it.

i think more commercial stuff would be forgiving, and art modeling really depends on who the artist is. you should NOT feel pressure to change your weight, or even be overly conscious with your height for this. that of all things will ruin you.

posted over 9 years ago

parisianDenim
Style_council
parisianDenim

Im 5’0 ……theres always commercial modeling

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

5’57" is on the shorter side for the modeling industry, but how are the rest of your proportions? Models these days can’t just be uberskinny. They have to have a healthy BMI because of some of the health scares with models in the past, so on a go-see you’d have that taken just to make sure you’re in the right physical condition. Usually they want measurements of about 32-35 up top around the bustline, 23-26or7 around the waist, and 30-34ish around the hips. Skinny, but HEALTHY is the ideal.

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

oh, and I’m 5’6 with big thighs, so i’ll never actually be one myself. :-( I almost qualify since my top two measurements are right. but I would need to take about three inches from my hips and add them to my height. haha

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password