Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

I am a savvy shopper and always have been…but lately with the economic crisis we’ve been having….I have definitely been shopping less and hunting for even MORE bargains. How is everyone else handling this situation???

posted over 10 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I always thought of myself as a really savvy shopper as well, but I haven’t been shopping in ages! I don’t have a job and there’s simply no way I can pay for clothes when I’m trying to save up for just whatever. I’ve actually begun to take on some DIY projects because I want to reinvent what I already have. And I’ve had a sewing machine for over a year now, but I’ve pulled it out and I’m hoping I’ll begin to make tons and tons of clothes for cheap :)

posted over 10 years ago

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

Yesterday I went shopping but I bought only basics and really high quality stuff, so they can last for a long time, recession hasn’t been a huuuuge deal yet in Mexico, just a big one, so while I still can I’m shopping for basics, and try to save money cause it will be hard…

posted over 10 years ago

Style_council

i shop at secondhand shops and vintage shops alot. i love it. saves money indeedy

posted over 10 years ago

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

I don’t think the recession has impacted my spending because it hasn’t affected me yet.
When I’m at the thrift stores, I do notice there’s a lot more people than there was a year or two ago =(

posted over 10 years ago

murph
Style_council
murph

I think I’m actually spending more as a last hurrah to shopping before the recession affects boston! But I think I’m going to teach my self how to sew a little so I can make my own clothing. I think it’s important to know how to make things with your hands anyway. So this will be a good excuse to do it!

posted over 10 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

i never shop anymore

posted over 10 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

OH DEFINITELY!

I used to buy an item because it had a huge discount.
This does not mean that I necessarily liked the item but I just loved the deal.

Also, I dont think in terms of WANT as much.
I need to NEED it. haha

posted over 10 years ago

mariel
Style_council
mariel

it has changed sadly, but mostly because i am a college student whos hours were cut at work and really only works unpaid internships.

now i only buy something if it is REALLY REALLY on sale AND I neeeeeed it and have been wanting it for weeks.

posted over 10 years ago

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

Nope but I do invest alot of money into gas and food lately

posted over 10 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

I’ve not really because I live at home with parents and therefore the wages I earn from my job are disposable for me right now. But then again I’ve never been one to let money burn a hole in my pocket, so I only spend when I see things I really like/want :)

posted over 10 years ago

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

Well.. Not that much. I stopped spending for awhile because I have enought clothes to last me through winter. My wage per hour is going up from 8,50$ to 9,00$ on March 1st if I remember correctly.

posted over 10 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I’ve only ever bargain shopped anyway. Remember, it’s not where you buy it, it’s how you wear it. You can have the most expensive jacket in the world and look a hot mess in it. Buy a dress and a ton of accessories (like leggings, belts, jewelry) and I promise you can wear it a hundred different ways (because it’s what I do! xD). It’s not hard to look good with cheap clothes. All the great stuff is in thrift shops anyway.

But I do like to treat myself now and again, I won’t lie.

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve only just had to start being more careful about what I spend my money on as I recently lost 2 jobs. Before I would buy anything that I liked, now I’m only buying stuff that I will be able to wear right through until autumn.

posted over 10 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

Oh yes, Not that I am personally in trouble, but you can never be too safe. Why not just be prepared in case something happens. There is nothing stupid about that.

posted over 10 years ago

aryanoush
Style_council
aryanoush

it has definitely had its toll on spending habits, im usually attracted to more high end pieces but now i just try to find used ones on ebay or secondhand stores

posted over 10 years ago

memoriesineyes
Style_council
memoriesineyes

Definitely, I think seriously about the purchase I’m about to make. Or I save up for the big splurges instead of the wasteful, numerous amounts of clothes I buy just for the sake of.

posted over 10 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

It just makes irresponsibility seem more irresponsible.

posted over 10 years ago

neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

no, but i should…

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password