Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fayet
Style_council
fayet

How does everybody motivate themselves to revise???

posted over 9 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

…what’s revising? ha.

I’m kidding. I don’t do it.

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Pfft .. revision. xD
I’m currently working on a 16 page essay. Don’t want to look it over at all once I’m done.

posted over 9 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I need some tips for this too!

posted over 9 years ago

chelsea18
Style_council
chelsea18

ha as an english major unfortunately we have tons of mandatory revisions (i just finished my twenty page thesis =/ )

the best advice i ever received was after you’ve written and worked on your piece for awhile put it away. go watch a movie, take a nap, whatever it is just get away from it. when you come back you’ll be refreshed and be able to see mistakes or whatever better

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I usually write my papers super late at night, starting at anywhere from midnight to 3 AM … then I pass out and wake up in the morning for a 5 minute fix and turn it in, hot off the press. That’s what I’m planning to do for my finished Modern Chinese Literature final.

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

put it aside for a day and then print out a copy if its typed and force yourself to sit down and read it over. Maybe trade with a friend who has the same paper to write and you can revise theirs while they revise yours. Whatever you do, turn off the computer since its a major distraction (at least for me)

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

omg. Idk. It’s easy for my fashion classes b/c the stuff is interesting and I like it. But for the others I guess I just force myself.

posted over 9 years ago

Dontyouevah
Style_council
Dontyouevah

I am the world’s NUMBER 1 procrastinator! God, i cannnoottt get myself to start studying… and I have exams in 3 weeks!

posted over 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i don’t revise. I write the day or two before its due and finish it the morning of.

posted over 9 years ago

Nelsoir
Style_council
Nelsoir

I’m a born procrastinator and it’s something all my teachers have noted upon because eventhough I’m an above average student, I’m also a “can’t be bothered normally but when finds something of interest, works very hard upon” girl

my suggestion is cards, writing them out rejigs my brain of the information and no other method works for me

posted over 9 years ago

Bubbly1202
Style_council
Bubbly1202

For revision, write your own notes, summarize your lecturer’s/teacher’s notes. Write only the important bits. If you’re studying for maths, you have to try and solve the problems. One of the things I do before exams period is take lots of honey and fruits (sweet stuff). I really don’t know the explanation behind this, but I’m used to taking lots of sweet stuff before exams, and I sorta avoid spicy and sour stuff.

Praying is good too. It keeps you calm. :)

posted over 9 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

cards, past exam papers, making sheets of paper, like little posters? and sticking them to my wall helps too.

posted over 9 years ago

katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

i have an exam in about 10 hours and i didn’t study yet haha

posted over 9 years ago

BellaBella
Style_council
BellaBella

im so bad for putting off studying, i cant do it untill the last minute. like last year, my art exam was in the aftertoon so didnt revise untill the morning! every year i say i am going to study every night all year so i dont start panicing at exam time. well this is my third year of sitting exams and did i do it? no. i have french on tuesday and havent even looked at my notes yet haha.

posted over 9 years ago

KrissyGirl10
Style_council
KrissyGirl10

I too am a huge procratinator! Just this week I’ve had my final exams and it has been so hard for me to motivate myself to study! But overall I agree with chelsea18 it is best to take a break from whatever your working on so that you come back refreshed and you can really see the errors. I know it works for me. Sometimes you get overwhelmed and drained when you work on something for hours without a break.

posted over 9 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I’m in journalism so when paragraphs are only one sentence long, revisions are easy peasy

posted over 9 years ago

Style_council

the pressure of impeding deadlines. im a last minute crammer. always have been. always will.

posted over 9 years ago

cortney
Style_council
cortney

I’m a last minute girl, I just happen to work extremely well under pressure. I’ll have like one hour before I have to go to class and I will just start working / studying.

posted over 9 years ago

MeowQuack
Style_council
MeowQuack

I’m kind of sick of waiting last minute (last week sucked!) so now I tell myself that everything can wait for the weekend or end of school!

I find that waking up early helps as long as I manage to drag myself out of bed. After that, in the morning I’m too tired to do anything but study.

posted over 9 years ago

ekwan04
Style_council
ekwan04

Ughhh! IB exams coming up in a week, I shouldn’t be on here :/
motivation? Just the thought that summer is coming up and I might as well get this over and done with I suppose :(

The thought that I’ll never get into university does seem to help though.

good luck with your revision!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password