Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

So I am going to a national competition for my HS in California. YAY! I need to get about 200-300 dollars by monday….not yay. Does anyone have ideas on how I can earn the cash? I cant get a job, I do draw/sell art but in this economy no one will buy. I cant think of much else, sell candy? I dont think I can earn that much in a week. Does ANYONE have ideas that would work, the only thing I can think is stripping and I dont think Im going to do that. :(
Advice appreciated!
Thank you!!!!!

also, if anyone is interested in buying custom art, you can totally leave a message/message me. Or if you know friends. It would be awesome.

posted over 9 years ago
Naggin
Style_council
Naggin

Oh well,I guess it’s gonna be hard to earn 300 dollars that fast. You could maybe try babysitting for some friends of yours,how about that? Or just borrow it from someone who actually can afford it,and then you have some more time to earn the money and give it back.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed ;)

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

thanks. But I dont think I could do that because none of my friends could pay for that. And babysitting wouldnt work either D:! I think im just stuck. I guess I will have to find something out. But thank you for the advice!

posted over 9 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

Could you sell some of your belongings that you don’t really use anymore? Clothes, furniture, electronics.

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

oooo selling items sounds good. Thanks guys!

posted over 9 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

Sell old textbooks, iPods, clothes, etc
Babysitting or any odd job
Try selling your art online at a reasonable price
Good luck!

posted over 9 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

Have a garage sale!

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

give clothes to platos closet! or you could borrow the money from your parents, and, like naggin said, and pay it back over a longer period of time

posted over 9 years ago

cindybot
Style_council
cindybot

i agree with what others have also said. have a yard sale! it’s probably your best bet to make money quickly. maybe you can even sell some of your art too.

posted over 9 years ago

jaimieheart
Style_council
jaimieheart

Sell stuff on eBay!

posted over 9 years ago

MarieMarieMarie
Style_council
MarieMarieMarie

Probably the best way to earn that much within a week is going to a thrift or consignment shop in your area and selling some clothes. This is the best way to earn money fast because they usually hand you cash or a check right there in the store. You’d have to sell a lot though- I go to Buffalo Exchange and usually the average is 5-15 bucks per garment. Or you could ask some of your relatives or friends if they have any errands or jobs around the house you could do for them and explain that you need the money for this trip. They should be sympathetic =)
Good luck!

posted over 9 years ago

sparrowandurchin
Style_council
sparrowandur...

sell stuff on craigslist (but don’t give out any personal info!!)

posted over 9 years ago

caileydawn
Style_council
caileydawn

You could try to see if there’s a nearby Buffalo Exchange and sell some clothes that you don’t wear anymore for some cash!

posted over 9 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

Make candles and sell them -sequoia

posted almost 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password