Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
PhoSho
Style_council
PhoSho

for me i prefer around my age— i think a lot of the time age ties into where u r in life

posted over 7 years ago
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I don’t think I would ever date someone younger. As someone who’s BEEN that age, I know just how ignorant I was when I was under 21. I need to be with someone who’s been to the bars for a while, who’s dated around for a while, who isn’t just going out, getting drunk and wanting to hook up with girls. I think I want someone my age or older!

posted over 7 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

maybe one year younger at the most and up to 5 years older depending on the person.

posted over 7 years ago

michellexalyssa
Style_council
michellexalyssa

Older.

posted over 7 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I only date older guys.

posted over 7 years ago

demedem
Style_council
demedem

never younger.

posted over 7 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Most guys I’ve dated have been older, though I don’t know that I’d oppose someone my age or even younger… not just yet, though.

posted over 7 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

older. hands down.

posted over 7 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I have been with older guys and guys the same age as me and my current boyfriend is even 10 days younger. And with the experience I’ve had, I definitely think that age doesn’t matter. How old you are does not affect your way of thinking and acting, that’s why I would never judge a guy on his age. I’ve dated a guy that was six years older than me and he definitely wasn’t as mature as my current boyfriend, who is younger than me.

posted over 7 years ago

SkinniMini
Style_council
SkinniMini

Im 19, so a year older or a year younger thats all haha

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Older hands down.
I would never date someone my age or younger because I can’t stand people my age and younger.

posted over 7 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

I don’t know…I’ve dated people older than me (BF #1 was a year older than me, BF #2 was 1 1/2 years older than me, and BF #3 was three years older than me) and my current fiancée is eight months younger than me. It barely makes a difference though; I often forget she’s younger than me, as we’re about equal. (And more often than not, I swear she’s more mature than me.)

I think it all depends on personality, though…and as you get older, age differences seem to matter less and less.

posted over 7 years ago

kissingtinyflowers
New_user kissingtinyflowers is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kissingtinyflowers reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kissingtinyf...

I couldn’t date a guy who was younger then me. :l I could date one who was at least year one older, but that’s because I’m still in High School. I think once you finish school and everything age doesn’t matter as much. :)

posted over 7 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

It’s easy to say you wouldn’t date someone younger than yourself until you meet a guy and fall in love with him and he happens to be 4 years younger.

I would know.

posted over 7 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

^I agree with contemporarity that you often don’t get to pick, you meet the person you fall for and they are the age they are. So long as you keep it legal, don’t limit yourself! While it’s worked out I’ve mostly dated people within a couple years of my age, I know happily married couples who were born more than a decade apart.

That being said, I think if you’re in your teens, age makes a bigger difference because you mature so quickly and the age difference feels bigger because the younger one lacks so many experiences the other has been through. Even a year’s difference can be a huge deal if one of you is in college and the other in high school. However, different people mature at different rates, so there’s no hard rule, either.

posted over 7 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

I’m with someone younger. Though people often think I’m the younger one ;D I don’t think age matters that much if you’re in love and on the same level in other things. I’ve dated guys older than me too, but I haven’t picked it that way.

posted over 7 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

I like guys my age the best or a cople of years older than them because you can still relate to them. I don’t know why but I don’t like younger guys but I do want to be a cougar when I’m 40

posted over 7 years ago

Stylatouille
New_user Stylatouille is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Stylatouille reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Stylatouille

I always dated guys about 4 to 10 years older… Now that I’m older, the guys my age are becoming more grown up in their behavior, although I notice most guys I like are still about 3 years older… But… my boyfriend is a little less than a year older, so I guess that’s the best <3 ;-)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password