Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

So. I have something going for me. There is a cute boy, in my new town, who’s interested in a relationship with me. He’s good looking, plays in a band, and is creative, everything I’ve ever wanted… but… I AM SO SHY! I can’t even speak to good looking boys… Lots of people say they are shy, but I really am. I squeak, and I mumble! It’s not cute!

My question is, how the hell do you speak to a cute boy? and how do you form a relationship with him if you don’t talk??? I need my fellow cutiepie chictopians to help a sister out!

Thank you :)

posted about 10 years ago
mamawolf
Style_council
mamawolf

Try it out, even if you stutter the whole time. I’ve met a lot of guys who prefer a shy girl!

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I don’t know what to say, but i’m anxious as hell too. I pretend to be a lot braver than i actually am, just so I can say hello, and it tends to come naturally once you’ve broken the ice.

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

This is going to sound ridiculously lame but…
In my past whenever I liked a boy I tried ANYTHING to get his msn, I asked people who knew him, SO DESPERATE lol.
But really, it works! You can talk to them on msn and then once you get to know each other it won’t be awkward in real life when you see each other.

hotfudgexd
Style_council
hotfudgexd

i cant realy add anything else to it, just dont think about and go with the flow ;)
xx

unpetitlapin
Style_council
unpetitlapin

I bet I’m shyer than you! Try to get him to come over to you. Catch his eye, smile at him etc. Just think of general questions to ask him like what music he likes or what he studies.

whitelightwhiteheat
Style_council
whitelightwh...

very good point, unpetitlapin. the general population of the world find it muchhh easier to talk about themselves than other things. and finding basic questions to ask is rather easy! just think about what you want him to know about you, and ask him those things.

and keep in mind that he’s probably just as shy as you are! guys are just a lot better at covering it up.

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

It’s just so difficult for me! I am generally not a shy, or quiet person around friends, but if there’s a cute boy, I freeze up, and act like a fool. My mind completely goes blank and I can’t even make words or things up to pass conversation. I just look at the ground. I’ve even had a boy say “hi amy” and i’ve looked away, and said nothing! aaaaaaghhmmm it’s probably hard too because i home school and am not exposed to cute boys daily…. how do you make sure your mind doesn’t blank out? and how do you stop shaking? and oh i’m in desperate need of advice…as much as i can get haha… thank you for the replies!!!

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Oh geeze, I’m terribly shy as well! Especially around cute boys – I find it nearly impossible to find words so I just smile or laugh awkwardly. But about a month ago I decided to do something really brave, and I finally talked to this one guy that I’ve had a secret crush on for over a year. About music. It’s really easy to talk to guys about music because chances are, everyone likes music!

And it helps to remember that he’s just an ordinary person.

Ha, a funny story: I was hanging out with this one boy one time who I thought was really cute and I started shaking like crazy but I told him I just did that, and he hugged me because he wanted to “make it better” or something. Later I told him it was because I was super nervous, and he thought it was cute. He turned out to be a jerk, but some guys do seem to think it’s cute when girls get nervous (that sounds mean, but I think it’s kind of cute if guys ever tell me they get nervous around me).

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

awwww! hahahaha! Catherinee, that is so cute and funny.

boys have told me, that they like my shyness… but I wish the shyness would go away, so that they could see the “real” me(cliche)… but I am so bad that I usually avoid situations or opportunities and stay at home and hide!

whitelightwhiteheat
Style_council
whitelightwh...

oh trust me, i know exactly what that’s all about. i especially avoid parties and such..
i’d say just try not to talk to him at first around a lot of people, it’s best for it to be just the two of you, really.

it may seem like it’d be more comfortable with a lot of friends, but really it just makes it all the more awkward, because you know that everyone is trying to impress each other!
so i don’t know, just latch on to any sort of courage you have and use that to talk to him, and eventually the ice will break and you’ll be very comfortable with each other

that’s really all you can do! i wish you luck!

twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

That’s an awesome problem you have there. Haha, it’s cute. Well, don’t do what I used to do and pretend you don’t care about the guy because you’re too shy to know what to say to him. As long as he knows you’re interested, he’ll stay for the ride. And I’d say if he already likes you the way you are… well, the battle’s won then isn’t it?

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

ohh cute!
i know how you feel, i am an incredibly shy person around new people! if i’m around my close friends it’s fine but yes i’m rather awkward with new people and boys :P i think i’ve gotten way better the past couple of years though, although sometimes if i’m with people i don’t know very well and a boy says something, like making a joke about me, i will clam up and go really red D: heh…

anyway well if he already likes you, make sure he knows you’re interested! i agree that getting his msn is a good way to talk to him, it’s good cos you can think about what you’re going to type n stuff :D
group outings can be good but i also know if your friends know they might be all giggly and ‘hint-hint’-nudging each other and that’s awkward too :P
for convo topics, talk about something that you’re interested in or know a lot about, that should make things easier :D

dorianbubbles
Style_council
dorianbubbles

Make friends with his circle! It’s all about connections and once you have them it’ll be easy to approach him. Best of luck to ya!

enjoli
Style_council
enjoli

Go to a party and dance with him! I have a hard time talking to guys, but I notice after I dance with someone (even if I feel like a fool), I have an easier time talking to them. I think once a certain physical barrier is broken, conversation flows better without fumbling for words.

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

Aaaaaw!!

If I were in your situation, I don’t know how to start a relationship with a random cute boy… I’m scared that they won’t like me after being with me and I will be rejected. I can’t really help you on that xD… I guess when you finally get to talk to him, try to act calm. I tried my best to be as calm as possible whenever I get the chance to talk to a cute guy. I’m very shy too… Whenever a cute guy is smiling at me, I look away quickly.

I have a funny story to tell too:

It reminds me of a guy who was a jerk to me at my work place about two years ago, he wanted his cousin or friend’s vanilla to be fill properly and I brush him off in front of the clients to humiliate him.

Last semester, he was in two of my classes and he has this fake confidence in him. We both didn’t like each others for half the semester and we never talk… Only at my workplace, I take his order and that was it.

When he got a bad haircut, his confidence went downhill… LOL I thought it was adorable so I gave him a friendly smile and he saw my smile and froze a bit. After that, we started developping feelings for each others without ever talking to each others. Whenever we are near each others, we start fidgeting… Well he fidgets more than me… Haha… So yeah, I talk with him once and that was about filling out my survey, he was so nervous he didn’t want to fill out the survey. I thought it was so cute! The guy has a baby face… And yes, he is kinda cute.

I wonder if I date him… Our story will be like what you see in the movie, we started by hating each others and then we fell in love. Funny story.

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

I love this thread haha… so many cute stories here :)

^ oh man, flattery, I had exactly the same desperate problem with getting cute boys’ MSNs. I used to like this guy SO MUCH (for about five years), but he was just a random in my year and he never talked to me at all… eventually I plucked up the courage to get his MSN off our mutual friend, but then he confessed to me that he liked another girl. Aaaargh. :(

Anyway, I used to get nervous just speaking to him ONLINE, so yeah, I join the leagues of nervous girls here haha.

OK my advice is, when you’re talking to him, STOP FOCUSING ON HOW CUTE HE IS!! I did this so many times and tangled up all the time. Instead, focus on what he’s saying, and what you’re going to say in reply. Smile. Anyway in my experience boys like shy girls, so good luck :) Hope that helped!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password