SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jeniy11
Style_council
jeniy11

does anyone go to the tanning salon? if so, how often?
also, do you guys use sunless tanner? if so, which kind? I do both at times to maintain color. Just wanted to see if there were any brands you guys swore by.
=)

posted about 11 years ago
Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

I go, weakest beds at 10-12 minutes each time. Maybe 1-2 times a week.
It helps more for acne than any product I’ve tried, but I also get face peels/microdermabrasion somewhat regularly so I don’t develop wrinkles.
For sunless tanning, I really like Origin’s Let It Show (???)... the lemon based one. It gives a nice golden color.
When I’m lazy, I’ll Mystic tan but I hate how heavy it looks on my pores.

posted almost 11 years ago

jemappellenoelle
Style_council
jemappelleno...

xentan self tanner is great…good color and smells great. sally hansen has a good spray tan which is easy to use if you rub it in and Loreal Sublime Bronze is good.

Christine
Style_council
Christine

I get tanorexic in Summer just to warn you. When I want a tan quick, I exfoliate, use a third Face of Australia Tanner mixed 2 thirds with Palmers Cocoa Butter Tanner. Mix it in a bowl so your hands don’t get yucky. Spread all over dry. Then put 2 layers of Palmers tanner like you would a normal moisturiser. Dry between layers and scrub your hands! I know this sounds crazy but next morning you shower like normal and it’ll be golden. Lasts a week and products are cheap as chips. If you want it darker just use Palmers after shower.

yesiwillyes
Style_council
yesiwillyes

If you are using a tanning bed, no matter the lotion that you use before you go in (ALWAYS USE LOTIONS! they will enhance your tan, make you tan quicker, and keep your tan longer so you don’t have to go as often), you should definitely also invest in an after tan lotion. Australian Gold: Forever After, or Swedish Beauty: Endless Moisture are fabulous. Use them daily after you shower. They help maintain the tan you have, and are extra moisturizing without being greasy or heavy.
Honestly, even if you don’t tan, or tan from the bottle (Clarins is awesome) I would go to your local salon and buy a bottle of one of these. They are just so, so, SO fabulous for your skin.

gatalivre
Style_council
gatalivre

If you want a temporary tan, I use “Talk to the tan” from benefit. It’s a sunless tanning lotion that smells pretty good and stays on the whole day. Just make sure to wash your hands after application!

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

I only tan in summer, and that’s slightly with dove gradual tan moisturiser!

scherbe
Style_council
scherbe

I tan about once a week in the winter in a level 3 bed. I think that going in a higher level for less time is better for your skin. Its probably not the best for my skin but i moisturize a lot. And I hate being pale!

michaelstevens92
Style_council
michaelsteve...

Do not use a sunless tanner. If you want a “natural” looking fake tan then go to a salon and specify that you would like a dark tone not an orangy tan. Spray tans have come a long way, now a days you should be able to achieve a great bronzed non orange look. Just be sure to go to a nice spa or salon to have it done, not just anywhere…THIS IS YOUR SKIN WE’RE TALKING ABOUT!

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I have promised myself I will never step foot in a tanning bed because practically everyone in my family has had skin cancer and I already have a few questionable spots (I’m sixteen). But when it’s nice out, I lay outside for a little unfortunately.

I used to use a gradual tanning moisturizer, but it’s not that practical for summer because it would always come off.

posted over 10 years ago

StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Loreal Sublime bronzer that has a shimmer in it,comes out a bit dark but it is nice and lasts.

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I use Loreal nutrisummer tanning moisturiser as well as laying out in the sun. I’ve never used a sunbed, I’ve thought about it before but I don’t know if I ever actually will.

posted over 10 years ago

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

I never tanned my skin because I prefer lighter skin, I think it is beautiful. But if you do then you should be very careful to don`t get an orange tone like Donatella Versace :S

posted almost 9 years ago

IamnotJessica
Style_council
IamnotJessica

It’s really weird to see the effects of going to a tanning salon. Now I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching or anything but I’ve noticed that some of my friend that use sun beds are seeing the signs of aging faster that most e.g wrinkles. I just don’t think it’s worth it for tanned skin. Not to mension the health risks!

As for spray tans and bottled it’s always good to check online for reviews. Where I live there are so many girls that are bright orange due to awful tanning solutions!! I’ve heard St.Tropez is good but I like to embrace my pale skin. I have tried tanning products before but they failed haha. Stay well away from Johnson’s ‘gradual’ tan! Seriously that suff is like putting on illuminous orange body paint!!

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

Never tried tanning bed. I just use a tanning lotion. It’s Omorovicza Glam Glow. Doesn’t make me look orange.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password