SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

So I know I can’t really complain because my skin isn’t awful…but I really hate breaking out. It is itchy and irritating and uncomfortable, not to mention it completely ruins how I look.. so usually my skin is clear for a week and great looking but then it goes bad. I have creams from the derm, so please don’t recommend that…but I was wondering if there was any homemade toners or something or supplements that help you maintain clear, smooth skin. Thanks! :)

posted about 9 years ago
cem90
Style_council
cem90

I don’t think it could completely ruin your look, but I get what you’re saying: you don’t like it.
You said you break out every so often. Are the foods that you eat that might trigger this? You could try to eat less of that food.
Every now and then just wash your face with cold water.
Acne is mostly just oil build up so try sweating it out w/ exercise or steam.
When I get pimples my routine consists of putting toothpaste on them overnight, sweating the waste out (running), drinking more water, and avoiding oily foods.
You can google homemade face masks, but an easy one is mashed bananas w/ honey.

posted about 9 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

Nuetrogena wave is my regular rutine

posted about 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

Eat healthier salmon , water , baked instead of fried, veggies etc
Don’t put your hands on your face either, a lot of times people transfer dangerous dirt from their hands to their face without knowing it.
If you use hair products that are oily that may get on your face that can cause break outs to. For natural products my mom orders these olive oil products from HSN called Serious Skin Care

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

i use a 3 step system. it doesn’t prevent all pimples, but i don’t break out, just a pimple here and there around that time of the month or when i eat crappy food.

and don’t let anyone tell you diet is not a factor, because it’s a huge factor. i know through experience. i try and avoid soda and sugary foods, and anything greasy. it’s not good for you or your skin. and i take fish oil pills, which have helped tremendously. i used to get really bad cystic acne but since i started taking omega 3s, i haven’t been. also, i don’t know if you’ve heard of bubzbeauty on youtube, but she just put out a great video explaining what triggers acne on certain areas of the face. you should watch it, here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztXsSx0_87I

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

You should try seeing a dermatologist. I find that no matter how hard I try to keep my face clean, I still break out hormonally.

posted about 9 years ago

sandelene
Style_council
sandelene

The most important things for clean skin are water and oxygen. With water you can wash your face with some products. Be sure that they are ment for your own skintype. It have also huge impact if you drink lots of water. It will clean and moisturize your skin from the inside. Two liters per day is appropriate amount. And the oxygen is also really important. Be sure you do some exercises and spend your time in outside too.

Sorry if you don’t get what i mean. I think i’m not so good in english :D

posted about 9 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

Don’t wear foundation. I switched to powder and it helps a lot, because it doesn’t clog your pours. Wash your face when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Use a scrub every week. I just make one from milk and sugar. You could google other ways to make scrubs, too. Don’t eat greasy foods as often and drink more water.

posted about 9 years ago

mackenziemagic
Style_council
mackenziemagic

I’m on the pill, and that helped alot, I am also using the Murad kit, which is kind of expensive, but a bottle lasts forever and it really does work!!
It might only be me, but that Proactiv shit, DOESN’T work.

posted about 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Dermatologist-prescribed stuff is much stronger than anything OTC. (What I had was too strong for me, no amount of moisturizer could keep my entire face from drying out or burning.) I recommend that you talk to your dermatologist before you add/change anything else to your regiment or lifestyle (especially going out in the sun: with RX creams, your skin is often more sensitive to sunlight and burns way easier). Work with the dermatologist to find out a regimen that’s right for you (it may take a while to get things exactly so) and to maintain your clear skin, all you have to do is be dedicated enough to stick to your regimen. (Some breakouts, like ones on or around your period, are inevitable. Just invest in a non-comedogenic concealer).

posted about 9 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

If I’m too stressed out, then that’s the time that I have breakouts. And if I eat too much sweets as well. The only product that maintains my skin from having too much breakout is the mineral skin care product that I use from Omorovicza.

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

oh gosh, this is great advice…i’ve got awful acne, and i this is much needed!

posted about 9 years ago

veganhempster
Style_council
veganhempster

use a banana as a facewash.trust me i have no acne but it helped like 3 of my friends after a few days

posted about 9 years ago

sweetdion
Style_council
sweetdion

birth control pill!!! If you can afford it (and aren’t against it), it helps alot. I used to have terrible acne, but as soon as I got on the pill, I haven’t seen a bump since. the pill helps regulate your hormones and prevents breakouts from occuring.

otherwise, if you do splash cold water on your face after u wash your face in the morning, it’ll close your pores and prevent dirt and oil from getting in them.

posted about 9 years ago

jilly_bleu
Style_council
jilly_bleu

apricot scrub 3 times a day works wonders

posted about 9 years ago

fancypants
Style_council
fancypants

It sounds like it doesn’t work but it does. Go to Dollar General and buy this stuff called “Clear Zit” for seriously like $1.25. It works just as well as Neutragena or Proactiv.

posted about 9 years ago

medryl
Style_council
medryl

watch oil and sweets u eat and drink TONS of water..
my friend from russia has no break out and porcelain skin and she only wash her face with water…so chemicals may be an issue…not sure.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password