SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

so i have a cowlick in front and am itching to change my hair up.

i really want side bangs, but haven’t ventured into getting bangs since i had straight-across ones about 4 years ago (HUGE FAILURE.) my hair always stuck up where my cowlick was and no gel or straightener would make it look quite right.

when i get my hair cut next i’m going to talk to them about it, but have any of you guys had experiences like this?

posted over 9 years ago
TheColorExplosion
Style_council
TheColorExpl...

I’ve got a cowlick and side bangs, and I love how they look great styled with volume, or straightened, but with my glasses I hate having bangs since they get in the way:(

posted over 9 years ago

redrouged
Style_council
redrouged

I have one too and side bangs? Just make sure your sidebangs are long and heavy enough that they won’t curl up and go the wrong way. I just pin my fringe where I want them to go whenever I’m at home so they stay when I go out, and they tend to just stay there after maybe 2 – 3 weeks without pinning :)

posted over 9 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

I just got side swept bangs this past weekend! I hadn’t had bangs since I was 5 because of an embarrassing cowlick. But my stylist parted my hair on the opposite side of the cowlick and gave the cowlick end more length to weigh it down. So far, it hasn’t posed a problem, even on the day that I let my hair air-dry.

I’m not sure what you’d have to do if you have a cowlick smack in the middle, but I’m sure your stylist will know how to handle it. :)

posted over 9 years ago

PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

yeah my sister has a cowlick & side bangs and its really cute.
if you are unsure just look around in magazines & hairstyling books and see what you can find.

posted over 9 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

try to get to make them heavier? well that’s what i did and it worked (on straight-across bangs, not sure about side bangs though)

posted over 9 years ago

Samanthalove1984
Style_council
Samanthalove...

I have a cowlick in the front of my hair too! LOL I do have side bangs but I have to keep them long to keep them weighed down. This is how I style mine: I wet the roots of my bangs and put a little mousse then clip them to the front and opposite side of how i want them to be while I blow dry the rest of my hair. When i get to my bangs they are already tamed and partly dry, then I just dry them with the hair dryer as I style them. Oh and i finish with a light hold hairspray and… no more cowlick!

posted over 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Oh cowlick, you were the bane of my existence…then I got short hair. Side-swept bangs shouldn’t have that much cowlick trouble if they are not too close to the cowlick. For first-time side-bangs, I’d have them tapered to end just under or just before your ear, depending on the cut.

posted over 9 years ago

Fashion21
Style_council
Fashion21

Yeah haha i have a crazy cowlick on the front part of my hair line and about a year ago i got bold straight bangs… So needless to say the straightener is my best friend. Once i blow dry them and straighten them my cowlick starts to stay in line… but life would be so much easier without it haha

posted over 9 years ago

chelsea18
Style_council
chelsea18

i’ve got cowlicks on both sides of my head… errrrr =/ lol but i had side bangs a couple of times and i loved them… the only thing is you have to be willing to use a blow dryer and straightener alot!

posted over 9 years ago

humbug202
Style_council
humbug202

I have a little cowslick on both sides! I always have bangs/side fringes due to an obsession that I have a big forehead lol I digress

I agree with everyone try to get the stylist to make the bangs heavy and thick, feathered wont work (trust me!). Never have you fringe cut wet! only when its dry so she/he knows how your hair bounces. Like others said train your hair to sit with pinning it when you are home, or a soft cotton/fabric headband is another option if you want to sleep in it.
slightly backcombing under the bangs can help it to grip if you find the hair separates a lot, but a very lil backcomb obv.

If you go for sideswept bangs see if you can wear it on either side, this will sound odd but sometimes my hair will sit better one way than the other, so I will just sweep it the other direction that day!

Gooodd luck! sorry it was such a long ramble, ohhh and if all fails buy one of those bangs hair pieces that you can clip on! :) they work pretty well for the odd occasion I wear them

posted over 9 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

Yes…styling is key! and only a few select people can pull off the straight across bangs without looking silly!

posted over 9 years ago

parisianDenim
Style_council
parisianDenim

I have a cowlick and hate it when i try to do bangs they just stand striaght up… I usually get a scarf and style my bangs the way I want it and place the scarf over my head and where it over night.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password