jadoremoi
Style_council
jadoremoi

Im trying to lose weight but dont know what I should eat to help motivate me

posted about 8 years ago
blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

Lots of things like fruits and veggies and complex carbs. As unprocessed as possible…I read a book on Volumetrics from the library and it explains it…
stay away from junk food and fried and move more….it all comes down to a lifestyle of taking good care of yourself. Good luck.
Oh- sparkpeople has a great website and it is free! Click Here

posted about 8 years ago

jadoremoi
Style_council
jadoremoi

That makes so much sense. Thanks!

posted about 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Moderate, balanced portions of healthy foods. Another good rule of thumb is to get food as close to nature as you can, like fresh fruits/veggies and things which have been processed as little as possible. These will give you the best nutrition per calorie.

Cooking for yourself is a great way to be aware of what goes into your body. People don’t always have the time, but try it when you can. And plan out your snacks— don’t just wait until you’re starving and the only thing around is a bag of Cheetos.

posted about 8 years ago

jadoremoi
Style_council
jadoremoi

thanks!

posted about 8 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I eat fruits and vegetable and wheat bread. I lost like 20 pounds in 2 months. Is that good that for two months?

posted about 8 years ago

francina04
Style_council
francina04

Try to eat 5 times daily, at least, but in smaller portions. it really works!!!

posted about 8 years ago

helenduschko
New_user helenduschko is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helenduschko reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helenduschko

first of all- u really need 2 drink a lot of pure water(cuz there’s no any calories)and eat a little portions. U need 2 exept fat oil, beens, bread and sweeties. U must eat vegatables-they can help 2 forget ‘bout desire 2 eat( 4 sometime). and of course-no bananas, fry patatoes.
Don’t forget 2 restrict a fruit portion-cuz even in cherrys there r calories. Only little portions-bit often. Before 5 or 4 hours 2 goin’ sleep try 2 not eatin’- u can just drink tea or fuitcoke.

posted about 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Like what everyone is saying, eat a lot of fruits, veggies, white meat, and drink a lot of water! Stay away from certain foods that are high calorie and red meat. Do not starve yourself or skip meals like breakfast, that will screw up your metabolism and make you gain weight. Eat small, healthy snacks such as granola, nuts, dried fruits, etc. through out the day to help boost your metabolism and so you don’t feel really hungry when it comes to meal time, thus causing you to eat smaller meals. It’s amazing how in order to lose weight you have to eat a lot and drink a lot. But of course it has to be healthy! Being overall healthy will help you lose weight and exercising, even if it is just a walk around the block will help tremendously. It’s not like you have to torture yourself to lose weight or you have to stop eating healthy once you lose the weight. You will lose weight in no time and it will be worth it to practice a healthy lifestyle from now on! Not only will you look good you will FEEL good and that should be what you are striving for the most! :D

posted about 8 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Girl me and you are in the same boat lol. Rather than change what I eat, I am changing the proportions and adding more healthy snacks and being more active. I eat 3 whole meals and 2 to 3 healthy snacks.

posted about 8 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

fruits, vegetables, and salads ;D

posted about 8 years ago

jadoremoi
Style_council
jadoremoi

thank you all for the help!

posted about 8 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

I try to eat fruits and/or veggies at every meal, and eat as little carbs and sugar as I can. And stay hydrated! Water and tea (if you watch the sugar and milk) are great.
I usually have light vanilla yogurt with blueberries and a piece of whole-wheat toast with peanut butter on it for breakfast. This always keeps me full and energized, and its delicious :)
Lunch and dinner is always different, but I really like chicken salad lettuce wraps, and fresh spinach salad. Sauteed spinach and mushrooms with a fried egg on top is amazing. Yum!
Basically the best diet tip I can give you is to focus on being healthy instead of losing weight. When you eat something focus on how you feel about it. When you eat good foods you should feel refreshed, energized, and all around good about eating it. When you eat not-so-good foods you feel icky, greasy, guilty, ect.
Good luck :D

posted about 8 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I think it helps to keep yourself busy so you won’t really think about having to eat until you actually get hungry. Pretty soon you’ll probably do this more often that you’ll get use to it that you won’t find yourself going to food for comfort. Also what everyone else is saying as well is eat lots of fruits and veggies. If you do this I’m certain you can see some weight loss. Also diets never work so keep that in mind and don’t forbid yourself from eating that guility treat.

posted about 8 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

fruit and make sure you get lots of protein in you

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password