baby_kaye
Style_council
baby_kaye

:|

posted about 8 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

if you put tea tree oil on it the night before or mix a drop or two with your lotion at night it helps clear up skin, it helps mine

posted about 8 years ago

lesliemia9
Style_council
lesliemia9

I get a lot of breakouts. When my skin gets really bad, I like to get a facial w/ extractions. It allows the skin to purge itself. Within a few weeks my skin is crystal clear. It helps to know what is actually causing the acne. Mine is stress related, so getting some r&r helps holistically.

posted about 8 years ago

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

Drink water and eat less greasy/snack/junk food! Honestly, changing your lifestyle will improve so much about your body, including your skin. Also, if naturally oily, try Neutragena – it works wonders!

posted about 8 years ago

blueskywarning
New_user blueskywarning is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When blueskywarning reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
blueskywarning

I’ve used almost everything, and the product I like best is this walgreens brand proactiv kit, I swear it works even better than the real thing! It’s bright orange and it by some brand called University Medical. It’s only $20 and lasts a month to two months :)

posted about 8 years ago

wareez
New_user wareez is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When wareez reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
wareez

I just wash my face with Clearasil then i moisturize it with non greasy lotion. Don’t over wash your face because i read that it will breakout from that. Just wash when you wake and before you sleep and moisturize because if you don’t your skin oily to moisturize itself thus, causing breakout

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

So this definitely isn’t a cure by any means, but watch what you put on your face! I’ve never had acne or breakouts (I have dry skin and eczema which can get pretty bad on its own), but I’m getting all these whiteheads from using a tinted moisturizer. Definitely be mindful of the chemicals you put on your face—even a cheap moisturizer (or one not suited for the face) could potentially be bad.

and like others have said, just because your skin is oily doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use a moisturizer. stripping your face of oils by over-washing it will likely produce more oil—at least, this is the case for my hair. at the very least, it can’t be very good for it. maybe limit using a strong facewash to every other night, and just splash your face with water in between?

If I were you, I would make one change to your regimen, see if it does anything; if not, try something else. maybe this way you could isolate what your issues are?

posted about 8 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

Stress, too much alcohol, fatty and oily foods make my skin breakout. I wash my face with organic tomato soap and use a gel type moisturizer from omorovicza.

posted about 8 years ago

LaurenChanel
Style_council
LaurenChanel

clean and clear acne set (its silver with purple tops) works very well

posted almost 8 years ago

HelloLovelyish_
New_user HelloLovelyish_ is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When HelloLovelyish_ reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
HelloLovelyish_

I would say the best cure is patience and use products that are right for your skintype i cant really say wich products are good for you because it depends on the skintype that you have.

effervescentevelina
Style_council
effervescent...

I dab on some Mentholatum for 2,3 days and it really does disappear! The Zit Zapper from E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com)also works pretty well. :D

Amundi
Style_council
Amundi

I used to have terrible skin until I started using the neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash scrub. I’ve seen it recommended in so many magazines too! For spot treatment I like the Shiseado acne spot treatment. It’s a litle blue stick. Works amazingly, they have a booth in sears or the bay if you’re in Canada

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Try to find a trustworthy dermatologist if you can, because some products out there may not be great for your face. Like newamericanclassic posted, just be mindful of what you apply on your face.

I get my washing products from Whole Foods—I don’t use too much products with my skin….so it’s going well. Also I try to keep myself happy with a balanced lifestyle.

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

The best method would probably be to se a dermatologist. I started breaking out (and not even bad breakouts, they were just bad for me because I had never gotten acne until then) about a year ago and tried many things that were unsuccessful. I was prescribed an antibiotic and a facial cream that cleared me up within a week and am so greatful for.

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I do an aspirin mask four times a week and a baking soda mask three times a week. It really helps get the gunk out of your pores, you just need to make sure you’re moisturizing or your skin will get very dry. Also if you change your pillow case every other night, you may notice a huge change in your skin. The rest is just common knowledge, drink water, don’t touch your face with dirty hands, etc.

ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

Accutane.

beautylash01
New_user beautylash01 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When beautylash01 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
beautylash01

Try physiogel or use a kojic acid soap. Or the best is wash ur face with cetaphil and avoid stress. :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password