Style_council
Rainamc

I’m thinking about getting one.

posted over 10 years ago
1 3
the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

There was a girl at my middle school who got her tongue pierced at 15 (or maybe she was 16; I can’t remember). She had this pretty hideous lisp because of it. (I only know why because she told pretty much everyone about it.) I know she continued to lisp throughout high school (or at least sophmore year). Not only was it not pleasant to listen to her talk, you couldn’t take anything she said seriously due to her self-inflicted lisp. Now imagine presenting at a board meeting, lisping away those facts and figures, lisping a confession of love to your crush, or lisping to your child’s teacher during parent-teacher conference night. It’d be pretty frustrating to live with a lisp, especially knowing that if you hadn’t gotten your tongue pierced, you’d be able to talk naturally. I don’t know where the aforementioned girl is now, but I cite her as the primary reason why a self-respecting individual shouldn’t get his/her tongue pierced…unless, of course, you want to have a hideous lisp for the rest of your life. But hey, it’s your tongue. So you should decide.

posted over 9 years ago

nay_myquel
Style_council
nay_myquel

..but if u want it go for it..but everyone doesn;t keep it forever so just keep that in mind..go through the pain just for a moment thing??

posted over 9 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

It’s gross. Really, really gross.
I mean, I just think of how much biting my tongue hurts. Then, think of how much getting a metal ring POKED THROUGH IT would hurt. They’re not attractive, and if I were to get a piercing anywhere besides my earlobes I’d do my cartilidge in my ears or my belly button..

posted over 9 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I would never get a tongue ring! Ouchhh.

posted over 9 years ago

melissabbygirll
Style_council
melissabbygirll

i really want to do it i want venom’s
but you have to make sure you can get it
some people can’t due to the way their veins run or so I’ve heard/been told.

posted over 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I hate tongue piercings. sorry :/

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I would never ever get one but I think they look good on some people :) It’s a bit ick when people play with them in front of you though! :P You can always take them out and they will close up I guess!

posted over 9 years ago

miss_enticing
Style_council
miss_enticing

i don’t like them >< i find it really hard to deal with LOL! like when your eating, and just in general! especially since its in your mouth, where all sorts of foods would rub on to it. ahh, not my thing.

posted over 9 years ago

ajaangg
Style_council
ajaangg

I’ve always wondered how people eat with them on? I think they’re alright, it makes the statement though, that “i’m the type of person who’s out there” type of thing

posted over 9 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

ewww i hate tongue piercings.

posted over 9 years ago

hogwartsandaphoenix
Style_council
hogwartsanda...

Ummm, no. Definitely not for me.

posted over 9 years ago

nancyleigh
Style_council
nancyleigh

I’ve had mine for about 7 or 8 years, and I still love it. It’s the only piercing I’ve never become tired of. It didn’t hurt at all to do, I didn’t have much swelling, and the eating issue only lasted for about half a day.

“I wouldn’t do it. It destroys your teeth. Everytime you speak or eat the metal will clink against your teeth and solwly destroy them… really unhealthy. And if it’s done wrong, you can lose sensation in parts of your tongue.”

Not true, actually. The stud is nowhere near the teeth, at least with the most common placement (middle of the tongue). It doesn’t get in the way at all.

posted over 9 years ago

NicoleStar91
Style_council
NicoleStar91

sorry not into them.

posted over 9 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password