SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
feji808
Style_council
feji808

Does anyone want to share a work out regime for slimmer/ more toned thighs. I could like to lose a few on my butt and thighs.

posted about 10 years ago
StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Good post im looking to do the same,bloody thighs!

ellabelle
Style_council
ellabelle

You could try pilates and some weight training for your legs (like use ankle weights to do exercises). I’ve done ballet for a long time and that helps build really strong leg/butt muscles without making them huge.

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

squats and cycling! i’m really out of shape at the moment, but my legs always get skinnier when i’m doing a lot of cycling and it does wonders for your butt! it seems to really help with building lean leg muscles. i usually charge a lot of hills, though, so you might keep that in mind. really intense exercise is definitely the way to go.

anyway, what are you talking about? you’ve got great legs! not to sound creepy or anything!

feji808
Style_council
feji808

Thanks…however the top of my thighs and hips are very apparent when I wear skirts, and I’m dangerously close to being pear-shaped lol

cancunrep
Style_council
cancunrep

squats and hip adductor if you go the gym, is a machine.

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Squats, wall sits, leg lifts, lunges, jumping jacks, and heel lifts are some examples of things you can do to tone your legs.

Why do the Olympic marathon runners have slim legs but the sprinters have thicker legs?

If you do longer distance running, it helps in the long term to maintain slim legs…with leaner muscle and higher endurance.

jaded
Style_council
jaded

sprinters have larger muscles because they need more acceleration, therefore they must have muscles that can provide a bigger force. long distance runners need to exert a smaller force over a longer distance. they do more work thus must have more energy. large muscles are not what they need to complete their race.

monae23
Style_council
monae23

squats and plies(i hope thats spelled right)are really good exercises for toning your legs. im trying to work on mine…

EKittyJ
Style_council
EKittyJ

i heard squats and lunges are good for butt and legs

30isthenewblack
Style_council
30isthenewblack

I agree with the posters that squats and lunges are good for toning the butt and thighs. Do at least three sets of walking lunges. Cycle is also good for toning up the legs. RPM is the highest calorie burner. At the end of the day however, you need to control your food intake. Remember weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% your diet.

www.30isthenewblack.com

heck
Style_council
heck

I heard that wrapping plastic wrap and taping it on problem areas during workouts help lose extra weight.
I guess it makes the area sweat more.

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I’m the same as eepingxbanana. I used to run track for four years which really bulked up my thighs. So I pretty much don’t work out anymore. Haha

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Walk everywhere!!! I keep having to change jean sizes, haha

Also, I just started a Pilates routine and it is kicking my butt! I haven’t seen any results yet, but it’s only been a few days, so I will let you know! If you’re interested, I use Gaiam’s Lower Body Pilates DVD. Also their Cardio Pilates is a really good workout.

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Cardio kickboxing gave me the most glorious legs and butt I’d ever had. Too bad I stopped.

Pilates or calethstenics focused on the lower body would help too. If you go the route of calethstenics or weight-training, keep the resistance light and the reps high to slim down rather than bulk up. :)

_holic
Style_council
_holic

other than working out i read that keeping away from oily and fatty foods can also help. pilates supposedly work wonders while not making your legs all muscly just toned. lunges and squats

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password