SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

have you ever come across some people on here that you look at their picture and they literally look like a skeleton??? sometimes im afraid to even look at the picture, like just looking at it could break them into little pieces they look so small and fragile and scarily thin…

i’ve come across a few of these people and although they have a great style, it bothers me so much because you can tell these people have a problem.. (this one girls waist was smaller than my head!) and then i wonder…are all these comments about how amazing they look and how amazingly skinny they are, helping…or hurting? for me, i see it as hurting because they’re getting all these compliments about how amazing they look because people on here are too scared to say what theyre really thinking and try to just be nice instead and compliment the nice outfit and therefore giving the person the idea that them being so thin is working in making them look “pretty”…. i dont know, it just chills me to the bone when i see someone THAT thin. i mean im a rather petite girl myself but im healthy and am actually in the right weight range for my age and height, which is how you can sort of tell when others are deathly skinny…

so my question is, what do you all think about all of this? what do you do/think when you see people like this?

posted over 9 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

yeah…i see this. and i’m often freaked out. I mean, i understand that i’m not the skinniest girl in the world, and would like to be skinnier, but some girls take it to an unhealthy level…

that said, some girls are just naturally very very skinny, but that’s something you can usually tell.

posted over 9 years ago

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

yes i agree. and yes there are girls who are naturally very skinny and it is usually something you can tell the difference. but the girls im referring to…its just scary. i guess itd be easier to show to explain, but i wouldnt want to point them out and seem mean or anything so i just am just keeping it to stating about those who look deathly skinny in general. but man…it IS scary…

posted over 9 years ago

Neelam
Style_council
Neelam

Ye i agree, being too thin is not nice…some people are just naturally that thin but others just take it to another level..i mean on my pics i might look really thin sometimes but im only 5’1 so its ok lol…x

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’ve been looking thinner lately, which isn’t my personal preference for myself, but whatever. I don’t look scary skinny, though. And there is definitely a such thing as scary skinny – and it’s quite sad.

posted over 9 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

I feel sorry for them and get angry because they were made to believe that skinny is beautiful.

posted about 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password