SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

I ADORE like over the top, dramatic, fantasy makeup. And I really REALLY want to get good at it. I know I will probably have to take classes to get good, but I want to see how good I can get before college/classes. Since i’m not even sure if I can afford to get classes. I have tried doing makeup and had like, two attempts that I like.
Ill try to get the pictures up so I can post links and stuff, I dont think its probably that good, but I just want tips and info.
Do you really NEED like foundation or bronzer (not too sure what this does) and blush to do good makeup? Do you need the sponge? or that stuff that you put on your cheeks so that when you put on eyeshadow it doesnt fall on your cheeks. And a primer (i think this is what thats called) or base that you put on BEFORE the eyeshadow to have it last longer. And brushes, do you really need different brushes to do good makeup? I figure so but I mean how many different types do you need?

OH! and eyebrows, I dont like, style my eyebrows I pluck them so they are a little more in line, but I dont like…define? or shape them. Does that matter?
I dont really like foundation or anything like that cause its SO HARD to get makeup off, i dont understand how women do it EVERY day. Even the girls in my school do it daily and I just cant help but think why? wont it clog pores? doesnt it make wrinkles when you rub it off everyday? isnt it bad for skin :O

Explinations or advice on ANY of the questions, GREATLY appreciated~

posted over 9 years ago
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Zetunia/photo.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Zetunia/photo3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Zetunia/photo4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/Zetunia/photo2.jpg

k those are the two, non-fails :)

posted over 9 years ago

Tho
Style_council
Tho

Your makeup is cute :]

Alright let’s see~
Foundation is used to even the skintone, for me, it’s essential. :]
Bronzer and blush do basically the same thing. But bronzer gives a brownish color while blush gives you that pink color.
Um, it is highly advised to get brushes of all sorts (concealer brush, blush brush, eyeshadow brush, etc.). You’ll be able to get a better, more even, professional result.
Loose power is “that stuff that you put on your cheeks so that when you put on eyeshadow it doesn’t fall on your cheeks.” haha. And primer! You put it on before apply your makeup.

Your eyebrows are all up to you. shaping your eyebrows help you define your face and eyes. As for removing makeup, as long as you use the right products and the right measures of cleaning it, your skin should be fine. For example, removing procedure
:]

Hope this helps!

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

Oh ok.

thank you :)
im trying to find a way to get better at makeup, so I want to know whats good to get/use to do pretty over-the-top makeup~

posted over 9 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

try looking on youtube, there are tons of makeup tutorials for nearly every kind of makeup look! and then you can really see where other girls are putting the products on their faces/what exactly they’re using.

you’ll have to practice a lot to get good at it, it will become easier as you get used to doing your own face.

also, consider night classes for makeup instead of a full time program, or maybe that is what you want to do as a career, i dont know..
i went for a semester to college for makeup but i didnt really think it was worth it. i could have just got hired at mac and got paid to learn and do all the same things on the job. but that could be just my school/teachers werent that great or ambitious either.

posted over 9 years ago

talkanatalka
Style_council
talkanatalka

i second youtube! there are tons of videos there, and you can type in exactly what you want into the search bar and more than likely, find exactly the tutorial you need.

specktra.net also has some awesome step by step tutorials, i’ve found a lot of awesome ideas just browsing there :). hope this helps a little!!

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

The internet is a great resource for good make-up tutorials, but keep an eye out in magazines as well, some beauty pages give step by step instructions whereas others will give you a rough idea of what to do, and a lot of the time they tend to list the make-up used so it’s good for keeping an eye out for ideas of new make-up to buy as well as techniques to try.

As for using foundation etc, for personal make-up if you don’t want to use anything like that then don’t feel that you have to, though primer would be a good investment as it helps to smooth the skin out and keep make-up staying put for longer. If you plan to do it professionally though things like foundation, powder, primer, blusher will be expected from you.

The final thing is to get some good highly pigmented eyeshadows as they will create more dramatic looks. The Mac and Barry M eyeshadow ranges are good for bright and well pigmented colours in a vast selection of shades.

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

Thanks for the reviews you guys! I actually have spent HOURS and HOURS looking online at makeup tutorials on youtube. But I only found like…1 showing what I was interested in. Most like show just pictures from google in a slide show. Or its like, great night looks, mostly smokey eyes. Even when I want to try that I worry my lack of different brushes/colors stunts me DX. I mean, I want to create art on my face…literally some times, so thats why I wonder if I will need the foundation and stuff, like when I need to make my face pale, or to look flushed or something. I am good at makeup on others, not so much myself. Probably because I am an artist Im used to the canvas NOT being me…

I want to buy the limited edition of Alice In Wonderland by Sephora for 50. Or the 35 dollar one by Josie Maran of the spring colors…tho 35 might be a lot cause I read it was small :/

Getting hired at MAC? Dont you need to be good at makeup first? I would like to buy stuff from MAC but its expensive and I have no job >>;

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

You should try Ebay for cheaper Mac make-up. You can’t always guarantee that what you get is brand new but some of it is a lot cheaper than the shop prices.

posted over 9 years ago

noellecwhite
Style_council
noellecwhite

Getting hired at MAC? Dont you need to be good at makeup first? I would like to buy stuff from MAC but its expensive and I have no job

I work at MAC and it does require a knowledge of makeup and products as well as some skill…you usually have to do a makeup application test when you interview…which is full day to night look and lash application.

ps: she does tons of fantasy: http://www.youtube.com/user/goldiestarling
also makeupalley.com is a really helpful site for the makeup newbie….answers tons o’ questions!

posted over 9 years ago

Whtamifeelin
Style_council
Whtamifeelin

you should buy a coastal scents palette… www.coastalscents.com

posted over 9 years ago

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

I don’t think you should buy MAC pigments off of Ebay because there have been scams of people selling “FULL SIZED JARS” of pigment when they only sell the smallest amount of 3 applications. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. A foundation is always good to wear because it evens out the skin tone! You don’t necessarily need a foundation primer, but some people do. The only reason I have ever worn a foundation primer is because ill wash my face in the morning and it will be shiny and nothing will stick to it so the primer is a life saver if your skin is like that after washing your face. If i don’t use a primer and put on foundation shortly after washing my face it will look blotchy.. but that’s just me.

For brushes—- I would start out with Tarina Tarantino’s fuscha revolution brush set. Or you could find a cheaper Sephora brush set :)

I think an eye primer is an essential because it makes my shadow not crease and it lasts longer. I can wear eyeshadow for over 24 hours with a primer! its amazing. Try Urban Decay’s Primer potion. (its 17$) it lasts for quite some time and its not a waste!

I do reccomend a costal scents palette because you get a TON of colors.
Also, watch youtube videos and try to mimmic the look they do if you like it.
Makeup is wonderful! Hope this all helped you :)
Youtube should help you a lot and will probably teach you so much!
Have fun on the makeup journey! <3><3

posted over 9 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

Youtube will help a lot. That’s how I really learned to put on makeup correctly

posted over 9 years ago

MiSsFEMFETAL
Style_council
MiSsFEMFETAL

its a girl on yotube.com i always watch named (queen of blending) yo should put her name in and see if she helps also with the purchasing makeup NYX cosmetics i hear is a good quality makeup for girls like you and i on a dollar crunch lol an try (bf-beauty.com) i love them they have everything like brush sets, pallettes,blushes etc. hope you find what you need. xoxoMiSs FEM.

posted over 9 years ago

summerlyne
Style_council
summerlyne

i wouldn’t buy expensive palettes just yet. try out the coastal scents, very good for beginners. youtube is a really good place to start…my favorites, dulcecandy87 or kandee johnson. hope this helps:)

posted over 9 years ago

ohbraveyouth
Style_council
ohbraveyouth

http://www.youtube.com/user/missjbm22

Watch and learn, my friend, watch and learn.
Seriously, this girl is WAY too good with makeup, and her tutorials are AMAZING!!!

posted over 8 years ago

CutCopyPaste
Style_council
CutCopyPaste

Should check out Specktra.net for good makeup advice. It’s a whole forum devoted to makeup. I’ll echo some other people, do NOT buy makeup off of ebay. It’s usually fake, and even if it isn’t it is not worth the risk. Youtube is awesome for tutorials as well. I like Jlovesmac1, Fullybeatable, QueenofBlending, Makeupbyleinabaaaby, and I love love love Thefancyfaced. Blogger has quite a few good bloggers out there too, such as a full beat, and tina marie.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password