SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kavzme
Style_council
kavzme

Rule says…go easy on either one of them…if the eyes have the bolder makeup…go easy on the lips and vice versa…Is it true ?? or is it that it all depends on the way you carry your makeup…??

posted about 8 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’d have to agree on that. Unless your makeup is for a play or a very formal event, I stick to that rule.

posted about 8 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Well I suppose I agree… I don’t use lipstick actually,,, Most of the time when I put make-up on I emphasize on the eyes!

posted about 8 years ago

fernandafgm
Style_council
fernandafgm

eyes!

posted about 8 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I think you can do both as long as the eyes are well blended and not to choppy in the colors. i think thats why gives it that clown look.

posted about 8 years ago

andrewmicky
New_user andrewmicky is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When andrewmicky reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
andrewmicky

Eyes are more important for all. without eyes you cannot see.

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

the whole ‘retro’ trend emphasizes thick, winged eyeliner and bright, bold red lipstick—however, the makeup is very clean and neat, that’s the key point, I think, when trying to pull off both. I don’t usually wear lipstick, so it’s mostly about the eyes for me

posted about 8 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

andrewmicky: “Eyes are more important for all. without eyes you cannot see.”

So far I have seen plenty of people without eyes, but none without a mouth. What about all the blind ppl in general?

I like to balance both. Strong eye can easily go with a strong lip and so on. Nude eyes and lips work well always.
But where it hits the walls with me is when girls pile on the eyes and then put pale lipstick on…I don’t think it is flattering.

posted about 8 years ago

flowerchildvtg
Style_council
flowerchildvtg

i think it depends on your face. i have big eyes but also big lips, so i do have to pick between them both :(

posted about 8 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Both are under rated. A girl with a pretty smile and nice eyes, no matter her size or shape is attractive in my opinion.

posted about 8 years ago

raven_savedtheday
New_user raven_savedtheday is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When raven_savedtheday reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
raven_savedt...

I’d have to say the lips for me. I usually wear bright colored lipstick and thing cat eye like triangle eyeliner. with mascara. super clean.

posted about 8 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

I think it depends on your style, really. I think people with darker/edgier styles can pull off both looks perfectly. It also depends on what works for your face. Me, I doubt I could ever work lipstick. So, I always go for dramatic eyes with my signature winged cat eyeliner.

posted about 8 years ago

yamigirl
Style_council
yamigirl

I like the rule just because when you go crazy on both your eyes and lips its looks clownish, but if you go easy on both it can look nice too. Personally I like the natural makeup look :)

posted about 8 years ago

valeree_voguish
Style_council
valeree_voguish

i think its really either or. It would look too heavy if you choose to do both. but it still depends on how much you wear. but i always go for the eye cause i have small eyes.

posted about 8 years ago

Planeglass
New_user Planeglass is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Planeglass reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Planeglass

i think thats just a rule of thumb so people dont end up looking like clowns. But personally, if im going to emphasize one i usually go for the lips because its so effortless – you just pick a pretty shade, apply, blot, reapply, blot and then your good! And touching up is so easy compared to dealing with creasing eye shadow or running eyeliner.

posted about 8 years ago

sloan
Style_council
sloan

A bold eye and lip can work when both are kept neat like a winged eye and red lip, but generally only one should be the focus. Also, if you go with a bold lip, its a good idea to go a touch darker with blush just to balance it out and to make sure your skin doesn’t look washed out. Overall its best to just experiment, have fun, and see what works for you.

posted about 8 years ago

acaciamarrone
New_user acaciamarrone is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When acaciamarrone reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
acaciamarrone

defiantly agree with that, if both were to bold or outstanding you would not only look very caked with makeup but also have a lot happening on your face all at once.

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password