SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Mjordan215
Style_council
Mjordan215

Okay so I am 22 years old and I do not know how to apply make-up on myself or anyone is that bad?

posted about 8 years ago
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

It is not at all bad. Everyone had to start off somewhere. When I was first starting off and even now I watch a lot of tutorials on youtube. To get inspiration or if I want to mix two colors and dont want to over due it. I would suggest watching youtube and play in your make up. Try different things. And the key to when you start with eyeshadow is blend blend blend. A lot of girls when they first start with make up they tend to cake it on and not blend their lines. Not blending your lines makes your eyeshadow look hard, if you know what I mean.

posted about 8 years ago

Totallyoutcasted
Style_council
Totallyoutca...

It’s not bad at all, especially since it’s something that you can learn relatively easily through books, classes, and the internet.

That is if you even WANT to learn it. You don’t have to feel the NEED to wear makeup. I, personally, rarely wear makeup and I’m 21. When I do, it’s natural (literally as in vegan) makeup, and maybe the occasional tinted moisturizer or lip gloss. My skin is very sensitive, so I can’t put most products on my face, especially around my eyes. I do know how to apply makeup, but it’s because I had an interest in it way back when.

posted about 8 years ago

Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

I’m really glad to read the comments above.

I’m 18, and don’t wear makeup. Never have, and at this point, I feel like I never will. I’m comfortable with the way I look without it, and it’s not something that I feel pressured to learn. Sometimes, I wish I had learned early on, but now the thought of going out to buy different kinds of makeup, brushes, learning how to do put it/take it off, and spending all that money is just overwhelming to me.

If you’re comfortable not wearing it, then it’s all okay :)
P.S. the last time I remember even trying makeup is when I was 7 and my mom bought me one of those fake kits. I looked like a clown, haha. Maybe that’s part of the reason I stay away from makeup..I don’t want to end up looking stupid

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

that’s totally fine! there are sooo many tutorials on youtube from people with all sorts of eye shapes, skin types, etc etc. I’m sure you can find some suited specifically for you! I still have a bit of trouble with makeup because of my eye shape—I have single eyelids so I have to apply like half an inch of anything for it to be seen lol. but just play around!
If you’re going to start, I would start off with a good palette and a couple decent brushes—they don’t have to be too expensive, but you want to work with products that will be easier to work with. Even a skilled makeup artist might have trouble with bad makeup and brushes.

and you totally don’t have to wear makeup—it’s probably a lot better for your skin and eyes if you don’t. I’m usually too lazy to put makeup on when I go to work, because I have to leave at like 7:30 AM to commute to the office.

posted about 8 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

im 22 and i dont know too :)

posted about 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

No way it’s not bad at all. I don’t know either! I have an idea of what to do and products to buy but if you are not really into makeup like I am it really doesn’t matter. You don’t have to wear makeup or wear it all the time and you don’t have to buy a million brushes or products either. The people I know who know how to apply it and have a makeup collection are the people who are into it and spend time doing makeup on themselves or others. If you want to try putting on makeup and are interested in cosmetology then sure look into it. Start out small. If it really isn’t your thing but you want to wear makeup, a little bit of mascara and powder maybe some blush and a nice lip stick or tint is simple and you can find affordable products that are decent. Experimenting is the best part about makeup. You don’t have to be a beauty guru! And sometimes, going natural looks a lot better then caking on makeup!

posted about 8 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

check youtube ;D

posted about 8 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

It’s not bad. Many of girls like you don’t know how to wear make-up. If you want to know then you should go on You Tube and check out there. It surely helps you.

posted about 8 years ago

ryenkeon
Style_council
ryenkeon

try to watch michelle phan videos on youtube :)

posted about 8 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Bad? Doubtful :) it’s a good skill to have though, if you’re ever going to a really formal dinner or wedding. I’ve taught myself how to use makeup, so maybe I don’t really “know” either? my sister and mom don’t wear makeup, so I watched girls at school and looked in magazines.

If you’re trying to learn, I only have three tips
A) find a good mascara that doesn’t cake. I like Rimmel products, available at walmart. Mascara is hard to detect but makes your eyes pop

B) easy on the eyeshadow. I use neutrals to avoid looking tacky

C) Do not, I beg you, DO NOT use eyeliner only on your waterline/bottom lash line. this is such a high school girl look. It’s much more classy to have eyeliner on your top lid only, or top AND bottom for a smokier, dressier look.

posted about 8 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I’m 24 and I just started getting into makeup in the last couple of years. I couldn’t even apply eyeliner! Now I think its fun and its kind of become a major hobby of mine. So no, i don’t think its bad at all!

posted almost 8 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

me too! usually my friends do it for me haha

Countnumber7
Style_council
Countnumber7

oh no not at all I had to teach myself from nothing if you want to learn you can and if you don’t honestly who cares

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

it’s not bad you can learn if you want to.

posted over 7 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

is not your fault, applying make up is all about tecnic, and if u haven’;t learn it is not bad, u can search on yotuube for tutorials, and practice at home on ur free time so u can apply it and clean it as many times as u want :)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password