Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Hey girls!

Are any of you familiar with Birchbox?! It’s an AMAZING make-up company that sends you 5-7 deluxe samples each month for just $10. These samples vary from haircare to skincare to make-up and fragrance. Popular brands include: NARS, Benefit, Korres, Philosophy, and many other high-end brands.

Check out my post about it here: http://framedfrosting.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-birchbox.html

JOIN BIRCHBOX here

posted about 8 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Do you actually use most of the samples? they’re deluxe sizes, so they’re meant to be used more than once, right? I’ve been debating whether or not to get it for a while, but I don’t think I’d use any of the products, except just to test them out.. I just don’t want to be stuck with like 20 different mini mascaras and random skin creams :/ I really want to test it out, but more for the surprise than anything else lol

posted about 8 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Yes, the samples can definitely be used more than once! Most of the samples I got this month are going to last about a month — perfume, mascara, and night creme. It’s a great deal for only $10 a month. As far as the products they send you, when you sign up they do have you fill out a beauty profile so that they can pick products you’ll like. If you’re not big on skin creams, then don’t choose that for your “If I’m going to splurge on something” question.

It really is a great service to join! Please help me out and sign up through my referral link HERE

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I had no idea you could choose, thanks! they should be more clear about that haha

posted about 8 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

I’m going to check it out

posted about 8 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Awesome guys! Let me know what you think of it. And sign up through my referral link above please and thank you :)

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

just signed up with your referral code :)

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

blondeslovetoshop, are you going to stay subscribed to birchbox? I just received mine, and it was BB#1. sooo disappointing :/ what did you get?

posted about 8 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

I think I’ll stay subscribed for about 6 months before I decide for good or not. This month was a little disappointing, I agree with you. Last month’s was soo good and I was expecting more since it’s their 1 year anniversary this month. I recieved the LIV GRN perfume, Jurlique hand sanitizer, Jouer lip enhancer, and the Incoco nails. So excited about the last two items but could do without the first two!

posted about 8 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Click here to see my blog write-up for the September Birchbox.

And join Birchbox here!

posted almost 8 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

@newamericanclassic: did you stay subscribed for the October box? It’s WONDERFUL! I got so many great things and I think for once I’m gonna cash in some points for full sizes!

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I was very excited when I got my first birchbox. It was the one with the full size Laura Gellar blush, and the entire box was amazing. However, each month has gotten worse and worse. My mother laughs at me for getting so ripped off. It definitely isn’t worth $10, even though it’s fun to get a present (kind of) in the mail every month. I’m canceling this month.

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

@Chris213: Have you contacted Birchbox? I have of a lot of people who have cancelled and they are being refunded. Just tell them you received the awesome Laura Geller box (i’m so jealous!) and that you believe it’s gone down hill since then. It’s worth a shot.

Did you not like your October box? I really enjoyed my box. Must better than September.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

My October box was a VERY mini Ahava mineral hand cream (which I actually really liked, but it only had about 3 uses in it) , a mini face serum of some brand I have never heard of, 2 packets of Ahava foot cream, and a Ouidad leave in conditioner. I haven’t thought of contacting them, but that’s a good idea. Did they really refund your friends too? That would be awesome.

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Yeah, I would definitely post about it on the discussion page of Birchbox’s facebook page. They check that out and usually reply back via email and on the post to let you know what they are willing to do. And wow. Your October box doesn’t sound very good. I lucked out with the LauraGeller primer, Befine lip serum, Ourfluido hair oil, Ahava cleansing cream…Btw, if you got samples you’re not happy with you might try swapping them on makeupalley.com

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Your October box was a whole lot better! Thanks for the ideas! I will definitely try to post on their facebook page I think.

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

Did you all receive your November box yet? What do you think?

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password