SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

Have any of you guys ever used BB Cream?
What do you think of it?
And do you recommend a certain brand?

Also, if you have more of a tan colored skin tone, did it blend well or did it look unnatural?

Thank you :)

edit: I forgot to mention this before, but it would be super helpful if you could also tell me how much it was and where you purchased it from

posted over 7 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’ve only tried the Estee Lauder one. I like it, but I have really light skin and the lightest shade (they only have two) isn’t light enough for me. I want to try some of the other brands that make it, but haven’t been to the mall yet. The Estee Lauder one should blend just fine. The lady at Nordstrom gave me a really generous sample so I could test it out before buying and I’m sure they will do the same for you!

posted over 7 years ago

dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

Thanks for the reply :)
Most BB creams are unavailable in the country I live in.. :(, so I’m probably going to have to order it online and then get it shipped here. Which sucks, because it would have been better if I could sample it, like you, before buying it.

I’m thinking about buying a Korean brand one, as they seem to be the ‘founders’ of the BB Cream but I’m not too sure yet

posted over 7 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

I’m currently using a korean brad one that I absolutely adore! I’ve read great reviews on it an ha to try it for myself. My best friend also started using it and loves it.

It’s from Skin79, the Super+ Beblesh Balm (in pink). I’m now waiting for the gold one to come (it has caviar in it) because mine is almost gone, so I hope the new one comes fast. It lasted me for about 6 months but my best friend still has a fair amount left (we bought them at the same time) so I think it’s good.

I don’t really know what else to tell you but if you have any questions ask and I’ll answer :)

posted over 7 years ago

dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

That was the one I was thinking of getting! :)
Is it light/dark or just right for you skin tone? Also, did you buy it online – and how much did it cost (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Thanks!

posted over 7 years ago

KrystaV
New_user KrystaV is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KrystaV reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KrystaV

I’m from the Netherlands, and I used to order the Skin79 one online. It’s great, although with it being an asian brand, it might be smart to get samples first to get the color right.

Garnier has also brought out a BB cream, but I find that falls short. It doesn’t have the coverage of a true BB cream, although it is a great tinted moisturizer with spf.

posted over 7 years ago

dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

Thanks for the reply :), are you talking about the Skin79 one that comes in a pink or gold cylinder pump like bottle? If so, does it come in more than one color?

And did it match your skin color well?

posted over 7 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

@dan1elle – I brought it online, from Ebay. Here is the link if you’re interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160625496974?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Also, if you go and check out some of the other products this seller has you’ll find the pink version too an also many more skin products.

As for the color, if you have a white to medium complexion it’ll suit you just fine because the color blends in with your skin tone. When you put it on it might look a bit white/gray-ish but if you wait for about 10 – 15 minutes the color will oxidate and blend in very nice with your skin tone.
I think if you’re caucasian or asian the color will fit you perfectly. As i said, both me and my best friend have it and use it. Here are some pictures.

1. http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa292/CopilAtomic/moto_0612.jpg

2. http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa292/CopilAtomic/moto_0832.jpg

3. http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa292/CopilAtomic/moto_0823.jpg

As you can see I’m a little darker than her and even so, the BB works well. I never see neck marks even though I don’t use it on my neck.

posted over 7 years ago

Andreea21
Style_council
Andreea21

this cream is good only if u don t have skin problems

posted over 7 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I’ve only used some korean brands. I used cathy cat for a year, the only one I’ve used and like so far but the color was lighter than my skin, hence I didn’t repurchase. I’ve been using samples of the skin79 (pink, gold, and oriental(purple)) and the liole triple the solution. So far I like the oriental best. I really wanted to like liole but the color is way off for me. All of them did break me out though, so I’m hesitant to actually purchase a full bottle. I think I will continue to explore other bb creams until I find one that works for my skin

posted over 7 years ago

Anaitsir
Style_council
Anaitsir

The Korean brands are very good actually but I wear a portuguese one! Garnier! There are 2 tones but they adapt pretty well actually. I love it because it’s really cheap, has a awesome durability and it’s perfect for wearing during the week. Usually I apply the BBcream then I put a mineral dust by ELF and ready to go! If it’s really hot i take it with me to retouch but it’s perfect when you don’t really need a cover up :p

posted over 7 years ago

IMaFashionNoob
New_user IMaFashionNoob is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When IMaFashionNoob reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
IMaFashionNoob

im using bb balm from etude house, really works for me. its good and smells great! they also have bb cream, the last time i checked they have 3 shades to choose from. im using the balm, its like a concealer for my freckles. but if you have a face with less uneven spots, the bb cream is good for everyday use. :)
p.s. its around $20.

posted over 7 years ago

Appu
Style_council
Appu

I recently tried Maybelline’s BB cream.
I have an wheat skin tone. Whilst it blends well, it makes my skin feel dry while blending. Stays on for a long time though.

posted over 7 years ago

ninnda
Style_council
ninnda

I use maybelline’s BB cream, I have a tanned skin, so its really blend with my skin tone and it makes your skin more glowy and brighter :)
the price is really affordable, its 35k IDR or around 3USD ;)

posted over 7 years ago

Jolenevuong
Style_council
Jolenevuong

i heard korean ones are really good.
the germans may have created it,
but the koreans have made it affordable and readily available!

posted over 7 years ago

meglew330
New_user meglew330 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When meglew330 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
meglew330

I actually just wrote an article about the ones I have tried, mainly drugstore brands, but some others as well! It’s the first article when you get to my site, http://clothezonelayers.blogspot.com/

posted about 7 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I have yellow-olive undertone and I use Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in number 27! It has yellow undertones and is perfect for medium- tan skin tones.

Missha also has an even darker color which is number 31. It has more of a red undertone compared to 27.

Hope this helps!

posted about 7 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

I’ve always wanted to try this, but I feel like it isnt heavy enough coverage for me

posted about 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password