Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  wrinkle creams
Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

I’ve recently been considering using anti aging creams, but most people tell me I’m too young to start. I’m only 19, but in my opinion your never too young to keep some of your youth. What are some of your opinions on this subject?

posted over 9 years ago
Neelam
Style_council
Neelam

iv just started using an anti ageing eye crem and im 22…its better to prevent than try to get rid of them when its to late.

posted over 9 years ago

ninamademoiselle
Style_council
ninamademois...

Using anti-aging creams early is a good idea, but it’s important to choose one that is adapted to you.

When you’re young, you should buy one that is appropriate to your age, because buying the “strongest” anti-aging cream you buy isn’t really going to work: creams that are too “rich” for your age might cause your skin to break out, and most importantly, the extra nutriments rich creams add are naturally produced by young skin, but if you add them on your skin won’t feel the need to produce them anymore and “get lazy”.

I’m 22 and I use Clinique’s Superdefense. What do you girls use? Does it work for you?

posted over 9 years ago

KellyJoy
Style_council
KellyJoy

Personally, I think it depends on your complexion, the fairer the skin, the more prone to earlier aging and also depends on genetics. Look at some of your older family members and see how their skin’s holding up.

Nineteen does seem a bit young in most cases, unless you’re a sun worshipper. Most anti aging creams will break you out like ninamademoiselle said. I’m not sure if they’re geared toward teenaged skin which is probably still on the oiler side at this point. I’m in my 30’s and just started using them, but I’m dark skinned and not in the sun much. I would just be diligent with sunscreen and a good moisturizer for day/night and wait a little bit longer. Plus they’re expensive!

posted over 9 years ago

nancywanted
Style_council
nancywanted

It’s never too young! Well that’s probably not true but I have a skin care regimen that my mom insists I do every night. Korean women can be very serious about their skincare so my mom’s been harping on about it since I was in highschool.

posted over 9 years ago

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

My grandmother always used nivea skin moisturiser and told me when i was 13 that it’s never too early to start looking after your skin especially if you’re pale. She had smooth and silk skin that was really tight on her cheeks and papery soft everywhere else so I started using nivea face cream at 13 and then progressed to nivea q10 and I now use number 7 protect and perfect usually.

However, right now I’m obsessed with “Neal’s Yard”: http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/power-berry-daily-moisture power berry moisturising face cream that protects youthful skin. It makes my skin super soft and toned.

I’m 23 now and my grandmother was right, it’s never too early to start. My skin is soft, even and tight and looks healthy compared to most of my friends who are starting to get crows feet.

posted over 9 years ago

dakueenmorena
Style_council
dakueenmorena

I agree that it’s never too early to start. Just research and make sure the chemicals are not too harsh for you skin since you are still so young. Good Luck!

posted over 9 years ago

starkittyv
Style_council
starkittyv

start now ive been using them since i was 17 i am now 22 . I think its good preventative

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

A friend who is a beautican was talking to me about this a while back and she learnt in her training that people should start using anti wrinkle cream from the age of 21 as it’s from this age that skin is classed as mature skin and that it needs looking after more.

posted over 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

O my goodness I’m not 19 too and I considered using it and I actually do use it. My mom is 16 and she has anti wrinkle products laying around and I use them when I see my tired bags forming under my eyes. If God blesses me to see my mom’s age I want to look as good as she does.

posted over 9 years ago

New_user 139534 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 139534 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

You’re never to young to start using age products. (Unless you’re younger than 10)

Remember you want to prevent not stop. Start now, and get no wrinkles. Start later, and maybe you’re too late.

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

prevention is easier than correction! i’m definitely going to start soon (at 20)

posted about 9 years ago

PearlsLaceAndRuffles
Style_council
PearlsLaceAn...

I’m 20 and I began using them last year.

posted about 9 years ago

arianna58
Style_council
arianna58

Im 15 i use them once in a while

posted about 9 years ago

sarahjordan4
Style_council
sarahjordan4

My opinion is that you are never to young to start preventing skin aging ! :) I think once you are done with acne, or done using acne treatments then you are fine to start anti aging things :) just nothing to heavy

posted about 9 years ago

PrettyGirlsVintage
Style_council
PrettyGirlsV...

I started using creams when I was younger. Try something natural.

posted about 9 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

At 19 you’re talking prevention rather than reversal. The most effective thing you can do is wear a sunscreen with broad spectrum protection (i.e. against both UVA and UVB rays) daily, 1/4 tsp each for face and neck.

posted about 9 years ago

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

DON’T DO IT!

i don’t believe in anti-aging creams. just live healthy and wear sunscreen! but it’s your skin, so do what you think is best, i guess.

posted about 9 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i wouldn’t use it probably until 30. especially things that deal with wrinkles or anything like that. for me, it’s more important to take care of your skin now. a good cleanser, toner, lotion, eating fruits and vegetables, and drinking lots of water! also sunscreen is important. i hear vitamin c, a, e are good for your skin too.

i would just let my skin do it’s own thing while it’s young, and not overwhelm it with too much chemicals.

of course you’re the one using the products so you know best when to start.

posted about 9 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

i think below 25 , is waay too soon , your skin is still young – just start drinking lots of water …

I am prob going to start at 26 – i think you may choose to use a facemask to clean pigmentation , some wrinkles – some is dead skin ,

posted about 9 years ago

kat18
Style_council
kat18

I think when your 18-25 you should start using them so that you can prevent wrinkles and lines around the mouth. Think about it, when you get older you won’t have to worry about it so much and still look youthful.

posted about 9 years ago

meggo
Style_council
meggo

i’m 20 and i just started using clinique all about eyes cream(in the morning) and repairwear intensive eye cream (at night). i have really fair skin and spend a lot of time in the sun so i think it’s never too early to be thinking about protecting your skin. better to act preemptively now than suffer the consequences later!

posted about 9 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i think itz never too young to start the anti wrinkle. by the time we GET wrinkles, itz too late

posted about 9 years ago

jaceface
Style_council
jaceface

Its never too early!
I’m 18 and I’ve been using then since I was 17
I think the younger you start the better! Who wants to look old?

posted about 9 years ago

PaleFeathers
Style_council
PaleFeathers

Sunscreen is of course the best anti-aging product.

I read somewhere that ‘if you’re old enough to drive, you’re old enough to use eye cream.’ I’m 19 and I’ve been loading on the sunblock, eye creams and body lotions for a while now.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password