Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brandy_alexander
New_user brandy_alexander is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When brandy_alexander reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
brandy_alexa...

Why are fashion sites still trying to make her the big “it” girl? Is it because they’re bored and don’t have a female celebrity that could possibly turn into a party animal and cause paparazzi to go crazy? It’s like a campaign called “MAKE PIPPA HAPPEN!!!” is on overdrive.

She’s pretty but she’s also boring. That is all.

posted about 8 years ago
1 2
trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I like that you’re passionate because I think passion really helps gets your point across.

However, it is a style site.

As far as their style, who cares!
I care. Because this is Chictopia, where it does revolve around style. I joined this website to look at other people’s looks and to be inspired. The Middletons are photographed and dissected on their looks because it’s available, just like how most of us on this site take pictures of ourselves to be dissected and be available to the viewers.

Imelda Marcos was corrupt but people still talk about her enviable shoe collection. People who don’t know anything about Philippine history only know her for her shoe collection. Do you crucify and belittle the people who don’t know? NO.

They’re simply acknowledging the information that’s been presented to them — the shoes, not where she got the money for those shoes. Do they agree with her for how she got the shoes to begin with? No, they just know she owns a lot of designer shoes that they want for themselves, too.

I DID say that I don’t know anything about the royal family, but I also stated that to me — that has no basis on if I like their style or not.

That’s great that you have your facts. I have my opinion on their STYLE, not their history.

posted about 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Yeah, I agree. I love how Ted Bundy dressed, even though he killed people, well at least he looked good doing it. I love Charles Manson’s swastika on his forehead and his orange jumpsuit, even though he was psycho, at least he was well dressed. I also love how John Wayne Gacey effortlessly pulled his outfits together, even though he killed boys and hid them in his attic, well that was in his past and look at those shoes! Oh and Hitler, he mixed taupe and red perfectly, even though he had 6 million Jews killed, at least he did it with well fitting pants! Let’s not forget Kim Jon Ill and his green military attire, even though his people are brainwashed and think he is god, just look at those geek chic glasses! Now obviously this is an ironic simplification of your justification, you cant dissect and chop up evil or blatant oppressive, tyrannical rule into something fashionable. The people I have mentioned in essence are no different then the royal family. Sure the elitist add a little gold and pizzazz with the money they hoard and stole from the peasants of the land (to even be in the position they are in currently) but of course you have to look good for your peasants! A tyrant is a tyrant, lets leave it at that but as you would put it, a tyrant is a tyrant, but as long as they look good that’s okay. Even if i genuinely liked what those tyrants dressed like i would never say or admit to that because of the obvious false image of fashion they put on to fool the people in the same mindset as you. Sure why not focus on fashion and not genocide or their policy or history. Apparently you are the only person who doesn’t know because every piece of information you can pull up on them screams tyrant. If it’s not obvious then i don’t know what to tell you. That is like you looking up at the queen and saying sure you are evil and oppress your people but I love your sense of fashion. The only reason i am going on about this is because everyone else is going on about them and their fashion and how inspirational they are when there are plenty of other, less shameful, outlets for inspiration.

posted about 8 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I see absolutely nothing special about Pippa or Kate Middleton. NOTHING.

OmniDimensional, did you read David Icke’s book?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? I feel and also believe a lot of what you’re saying (call me a nut, but today’s mighty oak is yesterday’s nut that stood it’s ground :P) but I don’t think the chictopia community has ears to hear on this one.

posted about 8 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I guess my point is the topic in the forum was about someone’s STYLE.

I am not doubting your knowledge about the tyranny of the royal family, nor am I disagreeing with your statements. I merely stand by my opinion that I like Pippa’s style, which was the main basis of the topic.

I love how you apparently can tell what my mindset is from a post in fashion community, but if you like being judgmental in that sense then so be it.

posted about 8 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

I concur. I mean, even TLC had a special about her…why??

posted about 8 years ago

heartandsole95
Style_council
heartandsole95

You can’t deny that Pippa looked phenomenal at the wedding, she honestly was who my eye was drawn to over Kate. I see why, based on that, the world became kind of Pippa crazed. But I think it’s been long enough that the world should calm down about her being an it girl, cause she’s just a girl from a privileged family with a fairly sophisticated sense of style.

posted about 8 years ago

ANNAFRYS
Style_council
ANNAFRYS

paparazzi suck all what i can tell, they tryin to make hell for Kate life…awfull I hate it

posted about 8 years ago

ANNAFRYS
Style_council
ANNAFRYS

but honesty Pippa is inetersting but she shouls sthg with hair awfull

posted about 8 years ago

leighmegan
Style_council
leighmegan

Ehh… I don’t see what the big deal about her is either. Other than the fact that her sister married into the Royal Family. I think she is quite ordinary. But maybe she is in the spot eye right now simply because she is so ordinary.

posted about 8 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password