Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Fashion_Industry
Style_council
Fashion_Indu...

Does being “green” or buying organic clothing have any relevance in your life?

If you are in a store and see two visually identical t-shirts that have a $10. price difference. Will you buy the t-shirt that costs $10. more because the hangtag says it is organic (or some how helps the environment)?

It is one thing to love nature, but do you actually take the step to “pay more” for your cause? Be honest, would you pay more?

posted over 9 years ago
maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

hmm this is a good topic. i would love to buy the organic clothing because i love things that help the world but if it was $10 more, than idk. I probably just might buy the “green” shirt.

posted over 9 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

you have to be careful. just because something says its “green” that could mean anything. is it made with recycled fabric? you have to do your research or youll get ripped off

posted over 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I would buy whichever feels and fits me better

posted over 9 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i think i’d go for the ‘greener’ version despite the cost difference, but that isn’t the only factor i’d be looking for. hopefully the price difference also includes a difference in where the item was made/where the material is from, and by what kind of labour.

i’m also wary of all these new ‘organic’ labels popping up in chain stores ever since that trouble lululemon had from selling cotton shirts they claimed was made of bamboo, for a higher price.

to recap, if it was a truly sustainable and more green product, i would not mind paying more for it.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password