Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

Have you heard about the very recent (yesterday?) shut-down of JuicyCampus.com? I only heard about the website yesterday on the local news, but apparently it’s a website where people from college campuses can anonymously post gossip about their classmates. People were naming names and… well… you can imagine how far unaccountable gossip on the internet can go.

For those of you who saw the site while it was still up and running, what did you think about it? Are you glad it’s gone, or will you miss it dearly?

Here’s Radar’s article on it from June 2008: http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/06/juicy_campus_online_gossip_college_std_list_01.php

The founder/CEO shut down the site, citing decreased ad revenue and lack of funding. But… I wonder if it was possibly due to threatening lawsuits from the people who were talked about on the site?

posted over 10 years ago
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

Oh yeah! I read that too.
I never went on it because it catered to a specific group of people for my college.
It talked about lots for frat boys and sorority girls and I was not that interested.

I don’t think juicycampus’s goal was to encourage talking shit but when you give someone the power of anonymity, a person can easily become a monster.

Since I never really went on the website, I am rather indifferent.
But if someone was deeply hurt because of the website, i am glad that it’s down…

posted over 10 years ago

antO_
Style_council
antO_

reminds me of gossip girl :D

Never heard of it but my group of circle had something like it, very similar and yes i hurted afew people.

-antO_

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password