Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SilviaSPNY
Style_council
SilviaSPNY

so guys! what do you think is the best bag-purse-tote(dunno) to carry at college?

posted about 9 years ago
essenciallyME
Style_council
essenciallyME

PINK tote

posted about 9 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

we have the same question

posted about 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

First thing’s first:

how much stuff do you need to cram in your bag? I had a purse, a lunchbox and at least one full-size messenger bag for most of my college life. Thankfully, I commuted, so I could go out to my car to get lunch or whatever else I needed, but some days were mega-crazy, so I loaded my 5’3" self up with this mountain of bags and walked about campus, nearly knocking most everything down.

After that: What do you wear to school? IF you wear just jeans and a tee 90% of the time, a canvas sack or cotton tote will do just fine. Don’t worry about personalizing: just write your name prettily on your bag in sharpie or/& put some cheap stickers over it.

posted about 9 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

It really depends on what you’re carrying around.
For me when I don’t really have much I just carry around my favorite tote bag. For heavier stuff I wear my messenger bag across my chest. I don’t really like backpacks because they’re bulky.
But really you shouldn’t lug around a lt of stuff in your backpack all of the time, its really bad for your back.

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Think about how much you’re carrying! If you only have something like your wallet, drink bottle, notebook and pens then a nice tote bag or cross body bag would be suitable. If you end up having to carry huge textbooks around then maybe something like a messenger bag or a backpack would be better even if it’s less fashionable- you don’t want to ruin your back! At my uni, using a medium sized satchel or side bag with a long strap is really popular. If you have extra books which are bulkier then you carry them in another canvas tote bag :P

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i just use a terribly unfashionable backpack because it carries absolutely everything. messenger bags hurt my shoulders and dig into my flesh so i try to avoid them. totes are totally cute but they don’t fit everything i want in them

posted about 9 years ago

rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

I use a giant canvas tote bag from Agnes b.

posted about 9 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

As of the moment I am using a beige satchel bag I got from urban outfitter. It’s absolutely gorgeous and holds all my things. It was a steal too for only $20 bucks. Hope this helped!(:

posted about 9 years ago

freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

I have a few tote bags that I use most of the time. I like to match them to my outfit that day. But when I need to carry one of my heavy textbooks or my laptop for some reason, I have a big jansport backpack with polka dots on it that I use. I prefer backpacks over messenger bags because I like to have the weight evenly distributed over both shoulders.

posted about 9 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

I usually carry a big purse (it’s easy because you don’t have to keep moving your wallet etc.) and a tote. The purse carries all the essentials, and the tote is for a book/binder/notebook/pens/pencils etc.

posted about 9 years ago

katharles
Style_council
katharles

Check out H&M! I’ve been carrying the same large, leather purse from there for two years – and it was only $15… perfect for the student budget!
Its versatile, goes with everything, and is very durable, which is especially important when you’re carrying around 5 binders and 4 text books. Best part is that it fits all of this junk without looking massive (not sure how they pulled this one off, I seriously think they have some Harry Potter going on). This is ideal because I’m a small girl (5 feet, 100 pounds), and can be easily overwhelmed by bookbags and large purses.

I tried carrying a tote for a while, but it just can’t withstand the sheer weight of all my textbooks and student essentials. Also, when you stuff totes with books and binders, they take on a rigid square shape which looks and feels awkward to carry.

posted almost 9 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

the satchel!!!!

Kimpossible
Style_council
Kimpossible

I recently got the best back from K-mart, believe it or not. It’s a big black leather purse/tote with gold studs/rivets on it which fits everything! I can fit atleast 2 binders and all my other school stuff.
It goes with everything, so yeah, it’s great. And it was only $20!

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

If you live on campus, I would say a tote bag…that’s what I did. HOWEVER, if you are a commuter I would go with a nice backpack for long school days.

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

a satchel like http://riverisland.scene7.com/is/image/RiverIsland/248770_main?$hero$

Gladrags

SparklesSequinsRhinstones
Style_council
SparklesSequ...

forever 21 has these bags for a 1.50! i bought 4 of them in different designs and they are big and fit everything!

racool
Style_council
racool

I have a large Matt & Nat purse that I use. It always fits the day’s textbooks that I need and notebooks!

alyshamari
Style_council
alyshamari

My boyfriend just bought a great messenger bag from Chapters (Indigo). It comes it green and grey, and it’s very basic. I love it because it’s flexible, but durable enough to hold your laptop in the main pocket. The colours are really neutral tones, so they go with everything. Although he bought it for himself, I could picture myself wearing one around campus as well. Very gender neutral. It was only $25.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password