Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thiswouldbeher
Style_council
thiswouldbeher

i love how both styles look and the traditional one too, but do you have a preferance?

and…can anyone show me to a good link that teaches how to make both braids?
thanx;D

posted over 8 years ago
Chloe_t
Style_icon
Chloe_t

I would think french is more stylish but fish tail is cute and stylish as well. personally i prefer fish tail :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsMakeitUp1#p/search/1/CzmpOIT3Bco

This girl demonstrated how to do 6 different types of braid.. All very pretty :)

hope this helps :)

posted over 8 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

fish braid <3 its more chic and fun, cool and just simple haha

posted over 8 years ago

FrancesBV
Style_council
FrancesBV

fish tail! Although I quite like how it looks when you french braid it and then once you’ve run out of hair to add to the braid fish tail the rest… give it a go :)

posted over 8 years ago

MarthaOddly
New_user MarthaOddly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MarthaOddly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MarthaOddly

Fish tail braids look a bit ore elegant:) and they are way easier to do, or atleast I think so. If your hair is long enough you shuld do it to the side, its a fast look to achieve. Personally I cant do it on myself because my hair is too short, but i’ve done many on my friends that have ridiculously long hair. go for it(:

posted over 8 years ago

bubblegum93
Style_council
bubblegum93

French is more classic, it looks great with thick hair. But fish tail is more interesting. If the outfit is simple, go with fish to add interest

posted over 8 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

I like French braids. Mainly because in the army uniform they are much more acceptable. And I think they’re a lot easier to do then fishtail braids! Haha.

posted over 8 years ago

effervescentevelina
Style_council
effervescent...

I like both! Though I only know how to french braid on my own hair – I can do a fish tail braid on other people, just not myself… :(

posted over 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think french braid is more classic and elegant, while the fish tail is more fresh and a little beachy/boho-feeling to me. So It just depends on the look you’re going for!

I actually have the opposite problem from effervescentevelina— I can do a fish braid on myself, but I can’t for the life of me french braid my own hair! I can do it on others, but never myself— I just have to do regular braids.

posted over 8 years ago

kitschy_
Style_council
kitschy_

The French braid is definitely more classic & traditional, but I like the messy boho-ness of the fish tail. I think it really depends on the kind of mood you want to create. I love the idea of a classic outfit and yet jazzing it up with a fishtail braid and perhaps harder accessories to make it seem less predictable.

I think my hair is too short to do a fishtail braid! (It hits the tops of my shoulders).

posted over 8 years ago

well_heeled
New_user well_heeled is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When well_heeled reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
well_heeled

I love both, but this spring/summer it has to be a side swept fishtail braid!

Video of how to tie a fishtail braid. Very simple and comprehensive!

posted over 8 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Both are cute but fishtail has more edge to it.

posted over 8 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Fishtail! :D

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password