Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
laratherese
Style_council
laratherese

I am 5’0 in height and I am am always teased because of my big legs. :c What are the appropriate dress/outfits for me? HELP!

posted over 9 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Don’t hide your legs! Wear things that are at least at or above the knee, and don’t be afraid of heels. Both of those things will make your legs look longer, and heels make them look leaner! Also, if you’ve ever heard of the store DOTS, they sell jeans and such specifically made for girls with curvier legs, so they fit you and slim you just right :)

posted over 9 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

i agree with the wearing heels. the way they raise your arch, it tightens your muscles and your legs look leaner. if you can’t wear heels all the time try a mid height wedge, an open toe pair for summer look great with jeans.

posted over 9 years ago

EvaLavender
Style_council
EvaLavender

embrace your body, and ignore what others say! sometimes flared jeans flatter girls with bigger frames. Also, don’t get jeans with a wash, because they only make you look bigger.

as for dresses, wear what you like! dont worry about what others think, if you wear it with confidence, you will look 10 times better than you already do!

posted over 9 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

yep with the suggestions of the above the knee and heels, they are the way to make legs look very long!

posted over 9 years ago

laratherese
Style_council
laratherese

thanks for the advice. i really appreciate it! :))

posted over 9 years ago

laratherese
Style_council
laratherese

i think you are all right about the heels.
But, heels build up some muscles on the leg part right?
you know, with all the walking and stuffs?

posted over 9 years ago

pyrofina
Style_council
pyrofina

yeah walking in heels can build up muscle, but i can replace any fat that’s there, at least that’s what’s happened to me over time

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

pyrofina is right, its a great way for toning your legs :)

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Black leggings are amazingly slimming and wear over the knee boots!

posted over 9 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I have big butt, esp. for being short/skinny. I tend to wear skirts and tights a lot. However, you have to embrace it because it’s part of YOU!

posted over 9 years ago

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

I have really muscle-ly calves and wide ankles and I wear leggings and tights a lot and if i’m going to get my legs out then i wear heels and use fake tan on my legs to slim them.

A-line skirts will also make your legs look slimmer as will pencil skirts. Try to focus detail on your top half to divert people’s attention away from your legs and don’t ever wear shoes with ankle straps. Nude shoes with bare legs will make your legs look like they go on forever, and hidden platforms in shoes will also make you look like you have longer legs.

Use fake tan on your legs (don’t forget to use it on your feet too) and then dust highlighter down your shinbone to make them looked streamlined.

If you can’t do any of this then just try one thing that’s guaranteed to work: Smile and shrug off the teasing. Show them that you’re happy with your body and nobody else will care about the size of your legs.

posted over 9 years ago

Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

well,i have chicken legs and walking in heels really built up my muscles. I also discovered, that when I roll my legs a bit higher than my ankle, they look much longer and slimmer… :-)

posted over 9 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

Just be confident!
But black on the bottom will slim you and just draw attention to your other assets if it makes you more comfortable.

posted over 9 years ago

matchbookhymnal
Style_council
matchbookhymnal

In my experience, men loooove big-legged women. I disagree about ankle straps, they can look great on curvy legs. I agree that above the knee skirts (and shorts) are the way to go, especially at your height!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password